countertop problem

Sueayers

has anyone had a problem with the countertop in the Landmark Grand Canyon? It looks like someone took a sander to the computer desk top areas and sanded some of the finish off in a L shaped pattern. It looks terrible. Came from factory like that. Took it in to get it fixed and was told they could take the countertop and sand it off and recoat it. When we picked it up it looked good but very oilly. Went on our merry way but after time started to notice the pattern coming back and even noticed a crack. Called dealership and was told it had been sanded oiled and fixed but it;s not. I took oil myself and coated it up good and hey it loks good for right now till it dries out again. Any suggestions.
Thanks
Sue Ayers
High Prairie Alberta
Canada

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We have the same problem, if you do an advanced search on counter tops you will find a few threads about this. I think there is a product that is supposed to clean this up.

Willym

If these are Hanex type tops, then I don't understand why they would need oiling. It sounds like a cover up job. This type of top should be able to be restored to an even finish by using very fine abrasive papers, just like Corian. I may be wrong, anyone else heard of oiling these tops?

Sueayers

These countertops are in the 2010 Grand Canyon and we were told that they were Corian. I have gotten mixed signals on this. I just know that for a new unit they should not look like this. It was recorded on the inspection report when we took possession of the trailer

ihsolutions

The counters on my 2011 BH 3670RL look horrible when light hits them.... kind of hazy in spots and uneven shine across the surface. Careful, if you breathe on these things wrong they will scratch. We always lay down dishtowels beneath anything that gets set on the counter. I never would have expected solid surface countertops to be so easily scratched.

bacaye

We are having the same problem with the 2011 Big Country. We have one area we deal with when the slide is in..the rubber guard is leaving a place across the counter top. If the light is right you can see a lot more than we would like. I do not like having to baby the counter top and that is what I am doing.

Sueayers

The people doing the warranty work say no problem they just sand them down and looks like new said they did that but no so. Scatches everywhere and we have not spent 20 days in it. Not finding getting warranty work done very easy. Have fought for a year to get things done and replaced that were at delivery, and still no luck, Chairs were tid down in the wrong place and were all dented up and the little coffee table was all gouged. Did nopt sign the PDI report because of these issues and wrote them dowm at that time and still no luck as of today they are not replacing them. Not sure where to turn now. Very disappointed in the warrany part with Heartland. Is it worth persuing legally? Have to figure that out

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The people doing the warranty work say no problem they just sand them down and looks like new said they did that but no so. Scatches everywhere and we have not spent 20 days in it. Not finding getting warranty work done very easy. Have fought for a year to get things done and replaced that were at delivery, and still no luck, Chairs were tid down in the wrong place and were all dented up and the little coffee table was all gouged. Did nopt sign the PDI report because of these issues and wrote them dowm at that time and still no luck as of today they are not replacing them. Not sure where to turn now. Very disappointed in the warrany part with Heartland. Is it worth persuing legally? Have to figure that out

Did you know you can get your rig repaired at a non-Heartland dealer or independent repair shop? All you have to do it get the repair pre-authorized by Heartland. I you cannot get satisfaction from the dealer call Heartland Customer Service. Talk to them and they should get you on the right track.

Sueayers

It to bad but it is Heartland that is saying no. I have the paperwork but they still say no. Looking into our options

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It to bad but it is Heartland that is saying no. I have the paperwork but they still say no. Looking into our options

Did YOU talk directly to Heartland, or is this the repair shop telling you what Heartland said?? I never trust what the dealer/shop says...go directly to the source...

jimtoo

What is purchase date of your unit? Last eight of VIN?

When was first time you took unit back to the dealer to get repairs?

Have you, yourself contacted Heartland Customer Service? By email?, or if by phone who did you talk with?

If you start discussing or threatening legal actions this thread will be closed per forum rules.

Jim M

Sueayers

I have talked to Heartland I started calling right after we got to the trailer at the border. The biggest problem I run into is the time it has taken. I received damaged products the day we picked the unit up. I don't know of anyone that would accept damaged products at deliver if they had a choice. It is because they was no dealer in Canada till this spring that would do the work. I tryed calling dealerships across our province and nobody would do it. Then this spring a new dealer signed up to sell and then we rushed our unit there. I live in Canada and it's hard to get a unit out of 8 foot high snow drifts but had we been able to find someone we would have. We are still within our first year warranty. I have spend 30+ hours of long distance trying to get this resolved and hopfully it will be soon. And for the record there are alot of options for people so please don't hook up a spesific one with my words. Thanks