Fridge Temp and furnace question

billm

Just took delivery last week of our Big Country 3450 and we love it! We did get the 4 door fridge and the temperture seems to go from 33 to the high 40s without changing the temp control. Is this normal? Also noticed that the AC fan comes on when we run the furnace(no heat pump). I turned off the circuit breaker for the AC.

B

bwwalczak

The temperature control could very well be a refer baffle problem. Please contact our service department for more info on this - 574-266-8726.

Is your thermostat fan switch set to auto or on? If the switch is in the on position, the AC fan will run with the furnace running.

billm

Bryan,
Thanks for responding to my questions so quickly. My furnace issue was in fact caused from the fan not on automatic. I contacted your service department and they determined that my fridge problem was not a baffle issue and they informed me to contact my dealer. When I Contacted Flagg RV they had me talk to one of their technicians and he had me check several things. In the process I noticed that the gasket on one the fridge doors was not pushed into the groove in the door and as a result it was not always sealing properly. After I fixed the gasket the fridge is now working great! Thanks again.

cpl0199

Billm, I have the same problem. The Ac came on when I turned the heat on and I threw the breaker. I later learned that the AC is suppose to come on. I was concerned that the fan would casue too much cooling and not allow the unit to heat properly. My refer does not work well in the heat. What did you end up finding with both of these issues.

Keith

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Billm, I have the same problem. The Ac came on when I turned the heat on and I threw the breaker. I later learned that the AC is suppose to come on. I was concerned that the fan would casue too much cooling and not allow the unit to heat properly. My refer does not work well in the heat. What did you end up finding with both of these issues.

Keith
Keith, I don't think that the AC fan is "supposed" to come on with the heat. You can leave it on but I think it is kinda noisy. You can turn the AC fan off by going to the menu in your thermostat and changing the fan setting from 'ON' to 'AUTO'.
As far as your refer goes, what model is it and is it in a slide?
Both of your questions were answered in Billm's post. #3.

Peace
Dave