Exterior Speakers

sdagro

Has anyone attempted to install external speakers in their Bighorn? If so, where would one begin to tackle this project. I know most Toy Haulers have them. Tried Rocketfish Wireless speakers but were not compatible with the Samsung Receiver. Could not try them before 30 day return policy was up at Best Buy so now I have surround sound in my house. Thanks in advance. Steve

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You would need a switch of some kind to switch the speaks to outside. There might be a setting in the reciever to eliminate the switch. You will need to run wiring from the TV/ reciever to those speakers. Im not sure how hard it would be run them in a wall. you might have run them under the coach floor, mount the speakers in the lower aluminum siding. Our BH has all the spreaker wiring in the flex conduit in the slide underneath. I think it would be easier to buy a small "boom box" and plug it outside and play CD's. Sounds like fun to me.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Steve,
we've had good luck with the ihome portable system. The receiver either hooks into the "house" surround or you can run almost anything with a small pin port. The 2 speakers are excellent quality, much better than our older wireless remote speakers. These are a little smaller and have better controls as well as better sound. We've had no problems with the receiver inside and us sitting on the far side of the 5th. Seems to work well thru the walls. We go back and forth between the iphone, ipod and the receiver. I think it was around $100 at Costco last Christmas, but I've seen it for less since then.
We don't leave ours hooked up all the time, as we use it in other places.

sdagro

You would need a switch of some kind to switch the speaks to outside. There might be a setting in the reciever to eliminate the switch. You will need to run wiring from the TV/ reciever to those speakers. Im not sure how hard it would be run them in a wall. you might have run them under the coach floor, mount the speakers in the lower aluminum siding. Our BH has all the spreaker wiring in the flex conduit in the slide underneath. I think it would be easier to buy a small "boom box" and plug it outside and play CD's. Sounds like fun to me.

That's what I'm thinking. Safest option after thinking about it. Steve

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I just got the camping world flyer and it has a wireless remote speaker that is supposed to be compatible. I useds to wire my coaches for outside speakers, Radio shak has a speaker selector box that you just plug your souce into and then plug your outgoing wires into the other side, then you press a button to shut down the inside (if you want) and have music outside. I now use my satilite radio in a boom box outside, didn;t take as log to accomplish this, plugged into the outside outlet.