2 Questions

charris57

1- We have a 2007 Sundance 2900MK.Now after 9 months of continous issues I thought we could camp for awhile with out any mishaps. Well I guess I couldn't expect to many wonders. This weekend our dinnet table fell over. I noticed that all the screws through the floor had come loose. I notice that these screws were only about 3/8 " long, How could you expect them to hold the table down after going through the mounting plate, then the thickness of the carpet leaving only the tip of the screw to barely make contact with the floor material and do any good, My question is since this is on a slideout and I figure that a longer screws cannot be used. Would it be possible to run a bolt up from the bottom of the floor with a large fender washer and put the nut on the table side the cut the bolt off short to make it look good. i really do not want to take my trailer to the dealer since all I've gotten there was poor service, and a bad representation for your product, Please provide any ideas you can offer. Still under warranty,,,,,#2--The basement door on the entry side of the trailer when being held open by the clamp on the left side has punctured the door when the wind got ahold of it and swung the door open. We have posted this question elsewhere on this site with an array of solutions from other owners, We are currently using a gellcoat filler to patch the hole as best we can. A recommendation to you as the manufacturer would be to place this clamp on the right side of the basement door away from any possibilities of causing further damage to customer units, My solution will be to purchase a compartment clamp and install it myself on the right side of the basement door and no longer use the clamp on the left side. I would appreciate any reccomendations as to fixing the table issue and figure that I can resolve the door puncture myself.. Thanks Again, Charles S. Harris Tampa,FL.