Table or Shelves by the recliners

ofcamper

One thing that has driven us nuts since taking delivery of our new 3670RL is that there is no table located between the recliners. We have to use a tray table to set our drinks or just our reading glasses when we are relaxing and watching TV, which has already succeeded in a disaster. My husband is going to make two mini shelves that will mount below the side windows that will fold down when not needed or for travel. If you added something like this or a small table between the chairs it would be a great addition to the area.

jimtoo

We purchased one similar to this one. I bought it from someplace else,,, don't remember where, but you could google tables and find the one you like.

Wharton

We wanted a file drawer in our rig and we found a Sterlite(?) plastic item that had a file drawer in the bottom and 2 smaller drawers on the top at Target. Fits perfectly and gives us a stable space to put a little light, the remotes etc. We also added some fold up drink holders to the walls next to the recliners.

The other item we have been concerned about is the entertainment center getting so hot with the door closed. We have added a fan and drilled large holes but I was still worried so now we have a 3" hook and eye to keep the door open and help with the heat dispersion.

K

karykatz

We did offer this as a standard item, but they kept coming up missing at dealer lots. We now offer it for sale through our parts department.

I hope this helps.

scotty

:angel: That's exactly what we did in our 06 3400RL although I didn't construct them to fold down just installed one by each chair. We also have two overstuffed rocker, swivel lazy boy recliners. They were to tight with the table. :(We still have the table but don't use.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
So that means the one that came with my 3670 is a collector's item?? Let the bidding begin!

View attachment 10108

OMG! John...that cat looks just like my cat Salem!! Does he/she have an "ornery" streak...ours sure does??

P.S....after the auction, let me know what the table fetched...I got one too..might be for sale...;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OMG! John...that cat looks just like my cat Salem!! Does he/she have an "ornery" streak...ours sure does??

P.S....after the auction, let me know what the table fetched...I got one too..might be for sale...;)

What, Max the Devil Kitty ornery?? He doesn't think so. There's a good chance I'm wrong, but when I look at him, I see a lot of Maine Coon traits. On a Maine Coon website, a lighthouse keeper had one that looked identical to him. He's more of a big feisty goof ball than ornery, though. Loves his lap time, too.

View attachment 10123

As for the table, the bidding will start at $1000, cash only. Only serious buyers need apply.

For those with some woodworking skills, it's not all that hard to construct one similar to the OEM table, or make a folding one like this:
View attachment 10124View attachment 10125

The top comes off and the legs fold flat. There is a lip under the top that holds the legs in place when open. It's quite sturdy.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We made a table also. All the parts came from Joann.

Our crazy cat is a nut case. Her latest thing is chasing her tail up and down our stairs. What is really funny about this is...she has fallen down the stairs doing this.

Attachments

• horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 57
  • crazy cat 016 (Large).jpg
    crazy cat 016 (Large).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Rrloren

Don't mean to turn this into a cat thread but couldn't resist. Here's our two Maine Coons ,[Bruno & Mario] . They get into everything also , including the Christmas tree as soon as I put it up last year.June '10.JPG12-13 a.JPG

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
What, Max the Devil Kitty ornery?? He doesn't think so. There's a good chance I'm wrong, but when I look at him, I see a lot of Maine Coon traits. On a Maine Coon website, a lighthouse keeper had one that looked identical to him. He's more of a big feisty goof ball than ornery, though. Loves his lap time, too.

View attachment 10123

As for the table, the bidding will start at $1000, cash only. Only serious buyers need apply.

For those with some woodworking skills, it's not all that hard to construct one similar to the OEM table, or make a folding one like this:
View attachment 10124View attachment 10125

The top comes off and the legs fold flat. There is a lip under the top that holds the legs in place when open. It's quite sturdy.

Unbelievable...They could be twins!! By the way, his nick name is "Devil CAT"...coincidence...I think not!! LOL

Attachments

• 100_0622.JPG
    100_0622.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 28

ofcamper

I knew they used to have it, as I saw it last year when we were in our search for the new unit. Does the parts department have a link off of the main website that we could see it? And does it come in the cherry finish to match our cabinetry? Cost?

Pat

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We made a table also. All the parts came from Joann.

Our crazy cat is a nut case. Her latest thing is chasing her tail up and down our stairs. What is really funny abou this is...she has fallen down the stairs doing this.

That's a really nice table, Bob. Even more interesting that you made it from parts from JoAnn Fabrics. Nothing like being handy.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, it's not about being handy. It's Patty going shopping...bringing home a pile of stuff...."here now make this out of this stuff." OKEDOKY....YES MAM. I do like to eat and sleep in the house.