Step Covers

Barry Crocker

I met a guy today who has a Bighorn. He has step covers made by Sure Step. Anyone familiar with them? Where can I buy them?

Barry Crocker

Bill,
Thanks. They might be but the guy in the Bighorn didn't have a light on them.
He gave me a phone number today so I'm going to call them.
Thanks again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you mean the pieces of outdoor carpet held on by springs, you can find them at WalMart. With the four step system, however, you can't put them on all of the steps because the springs will interfere with folding them up. I've got one on the bottom and third step. But, now that the light comes on, I probably could put them on the other two if I used cable ties in place of the springs. Once they're on, they dont really need to come off.

On our previous TT, I made some from pieces of outdoor carpet I had and attached grommets to opposite sides. Those I held on with cable ties. Worked pretty good.

DXprowler

On our previous TT, I made some from pieces of outdoor carpet I had and attached grommets to opposite sides. Those I held on with cable ties. Worked pretty good.

That's what I've been doing! Had an outdoor/indoor carpet filled with sand so I cut up some pieces and have used them on every trailer since. This was taken in Aug 2005.

DXatBrudenell.jpg