Are we really that Stupid ?????

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well here we are. It is the first week of Dancing With The Stars ....

Keep telling my DW that it is a popularity contest not a dancing contest. Ok I can watch it. The costumes are nice. :p

But the commercials. You would think that the person that approves the commercials was on LSD when he watched them. Some of them are so silly (?) it makes me not want to buy the product. Have any of you seen some really dumb commercials?

I have a commercial that I like. It is about a guy standing under a tree at the edge of a high cliff. He is standing under the tree looking up. People that are walking by also look up. Then one person asks what he is looking at and he replys, " I dropped my keys". It pans back to show a Jeep parked on the top of a real high cliff. Loved it.

BC

dieselsweetheart

When you think back years ago what was taboo on TV and commercials and now there are commercials on TV even I am embarrassed to watch. But I do enjoy the Geico commercial. One comes to mind easily...that one with the little piggy that cries "we we we" all the way home... now that one is cute.

And I only tuned in DWTS to see who was voted off first. I don't regularly watch that show but I did see the "Hoff" dance..and I think he was the best choice to go.

Survivor tonight.

jbeletti

...But I do enjoy the Geico commercial. One comes to mind easily...that one with the little piggy that cries "we we we" all the way home... now that one is cute....

Oh my gosh Cheryl - I did not know you love that one too. I would have been going "wheeeeeeeeeee" all week last week! Love that commercial. Max.....Maxwell!......your home. Oh, thanks Mrs. A. Love it. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would rather watch NCIS and The Biggest Loser. Now The Biggest Loser is real people trying to reach a goal. Sometimes it is so sad to see what they have to go through to reach that goal. Like real life. Got to go through the pain to have the gain.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
But I do enjoy the Geico commercial. One comes to mind easily...that one with the little piggy that cries "we we we" all the way home... now that one is cute.

Oh dear.. I can't stand that one. It is one of many commercials that I mute the sound when it comes on. That pig is like scraping finger nails across a black board. Ughhhhh...

There is one that is for a drug and they say it may cause stroke, heart attack or death. Oh yea.. I am going to go our right away and get that one.....

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We like DWTS. Been watching it since it started. Now we can even see some of the missteps that the judges are going to clobber them for. But it's still a viewer popularity contest, after all. Kinda wish Samantha Harris had stayed on (hubba hubba), even though Brooke is no slouch.

As for annoying commercials, they are everywhere. But, I usually can't hear them in the bathroom. It's TV Sitcoms, sports analyses, and "reality show" that make me puke.

Boca_Shuffles

How about the drug commercials with the disclaimer that the possible side effects are: constipation, diarrhea, insomnia, sleepiness, weight gain, weight loss, increased chances of pregnancy, loss of interest in sex, and desire to ignore the commercial?

I think the lawyers covered most of the possible lawsuits.

Moose

Love the Pig. Hate DWTS and most all "reality" shows, "Idol" shows, so you think (ha ha ha I get a kick outta that oxymoron) you can "_____" shows (fill in whatever blank you please LOL).:rolleyes:

Do like the Keystone beer advert with the elder guy making the younger guy toss him a beer. And the elder guy gets it in the noggin and the younger guy gets grief from the others for doing what the old gaffer asked him to do.:D

Now, where did I put that sunshine, or was it purple micro dot, or blue blotter acid. ROFL:angel:

Great thread! Thanks.;)

jimtoo

How about the drug commercials with the disclaimer that the possible side effects are: constipation, diarrhea, insomnia, sleepiness, weight gain, weight loss, increased chances of pregnancy, loss of interest in sex, and desire to ignore the commercial?

You forgot "DEATH".

Boca_Shuffles

This disclaimer was for a single product!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
when I hear the side effects of any of the drugs it makes me to not want to take it. Maybe it would be better to stay sick.LOL

bill40

I dislike the guy with the blue phone, stupid adds. I guess DH was not very popular over here, or maybe he just cant dance.

Tom_Diane

Those drugs might put me at risk for a heart attack, stroke or may even cause death but by golly my arthritus will be tolerable and my blood pressure wont be so high!