Living Room Ceiling Vent

charris57

Does anyone know if ther is a 12volt lead in the living area ceiling vent in the Sundance 2900 mk. Considering instaling a exhaust/vent fan and curious if there is a power source already there....Thanks

salmon919

12v connection for vent

There should be a connection available. One of the options for the vent was a power vent with a fan. This was one of the options we took and really keeps our 2900 mk cool. Thanks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Even if there is not a hot lead right there, you can always come off a nearby light. There is alot of room in the ceiling to fish wires through. You'll see that when you remove that inside ceiling shroud from your existing vent.

Mark

Dogs-Life

We have the Sundance 2900 RK and had a power fan added to the vent in the kitchen ceiling. The nearest electrical for us was at the closest ceiling light. The problem with this is that the switch for the kitchen lights, located in the entryway cabinet, now controls the fan and the lights. For my wife and I this was not much of a problem since we generally turn on the lights individually at the light and leave the switch in the on position. That way the fan can be on when the ceiling lights are off. I believe there are about 3 ceiling lights controlled by the one switch.

charris57

We have a 2007 2900mk. I found out by taking the original crank vent off the ceiling that out trailer was wired for an addtional air conditioner and there were wires just tucked back in the ceiling material. Those wires led over to the wall where the thermostat is for the AC. And on that same wall is a light switch for the entertainment center lights. So I tapped into the (+) 12volts for the lights(before the switch) and just connected 1 of the wires that was there for a second thermostat. I also checked for polarity and did a short test to make sure nothing was using that particular wire. Once i knew i had a path that led up to the ceiling vent area I just tapped into the (+) 12 for those lights which gave me (+) 12 volts at the ceiling vent area. We installed a Remote controlled vent fan in that hole and connected our (+) 12 volts. and just grounded the (-) black wire to to roof frame which is grounded. We installed the Shurflo Platimum. with the remote control. Works great....Good luck in your quest, Any further ? about that just post and I will respond.....Steve

MC9

I have the 2010 2900MK. When you take out the 4 screws that hold the trim you will find a set of wires about 5ft. long. Mine were live 12 volt. I installed a Fantastic Fan with remote, etc. Everything fits fine.