Portable ice maker recommendations please

GETnBYE

JimToo, making ice now, great CS from your rec. Co.

UPDATE:
Jimtoo: When you told of your good CS with Compact Appliance, that sold me.
You were right. I found that they had a Fri. thru Mon. sale. Ordered the Edgestar, then 24 hours later, they lowered the price by 9.00, during the same sale dates.
One email later and they had credited my card the extra that I paid.
Wow, don't get that service much these days.
Fast shipping and I am making ice NOW.........yea!
Thanks,
Nita

Please give details on brand and model and what shape of ice cube, because after all, we ladies have to have it the way we want it!! LOL

Thanks in advance for any info.
Nita

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Nita,

I bought mine from this place and they have several. Mine was 2 years old and quite working, but they sent me the part to repair at no charge and it was an easy thing to do.

It makes the round with a hole in the middle ice cube ,,, not the hardest ice, but works for us,,,, makes ice about every 12--14 minutes..

Jim M

jnbhobe

I got the one from Target in Springfield,Il for under $150 out the door last week, works real good.

GETnBYE

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the link and info. From what I have read 2 years is a long time for them to work and a place that will send a replacement part is great. Do you mind telling me what brand you bought?
Thanks,
Nita

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We got ours from camping world it is 4years old and still works good. It makes enough ice to keep the beer cold!!!

jimtoo

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the link and info. From what I have read 2 years is a long time for them to work and a place that will send a replacement part is great. Do you mind telling me what brand you bought?
Thanks,
Nita

I have an Edge Star,,, same as the one on the Target site...works good for us... almost 4 years old now.

Jim M

boatdoc

Same as Jim and the folks down there at compact appliance in Texas are great to deal with. We also bought a 12 vdc/110vac fridge/ freezer from them that had a problem after some use and they sent the part right out to me to fix. Both products are EdgeStar.

jimtoo

Same as Jim and the folks down there at compact appliance in Texas are great to deal with. We also bought a 12 vdc/110vac fridge/ freezer from them that had a problem after some use and they sent the part right out to me to fix. Both products are EdgeStar.

All folks in TEXAS are good!!! Well ,,, most of us..

Hi Nita,I bought mine from this place and they have several. Mine was 2 years old and quite working, but they sent me the part to repair at no charge and it was an easy thing to do.It makes the round with a hole in the middle ice cube ,,, not the hardest ice, but works for us,,,, makes ice about every 12--14 minutes..Jim M
Thanks for the link...we just ordered the stainless steel portable ice maker..it is on sale too.

GOTTOYS

I bought an Emerson brand at Target last week for $119.00 on sale. I think the same company makes most of those that are this size. They all look identical except for the name in the lower left corner. I've run it in our kitchen at home for a night or two. Works great!...Don

bobber

I have had portable ice maker from Camping World for 2 years now. It works great but I have trouble keeping room in the freezer to keep the ice. Does anyone know of a portable ice maker that keeps the ice frozen so you don't have to put in the unit freezer? Thanks for any information.

traveler44

We bought the one from Target too. Ours makes wet ice so we have let it refreeze in a pan in the freezer and then break it up to use it. Anybody else getting wet ice? Tom M.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also bought the Emerson from Target. It works great!!! It doesn't hard freeze like your home freezer/maker but this ice is better than no ice.

Rodney_M

we purchased the NewAir AI-210ss model from Air N Water http://www.air-n-water.com/product/AI-210SS.htm. If you are looking for larger quantity of ice vs just pricing. it will however take up a bit more space.. i believe target model is 14"x15". this unit is 15x17 and slightly taller as well.

It retails at $219.95 here compared to other sites at over $260.00. It is slightly larger unit than the one from target. it can make 12 cubes at a time vs 9 and hold slightly more inside. it also has digital controls that allow you to set it to start making ice up to 18 hrs in advance. We paid slightly more, but looked for a unit that had the highest lbs/ice per day. we have friends that travel with us, and so typically they are also using it for their ice as well. it has been a great unit so far (had for 3 months). also all the other reviews i found on it were very positive, no quirks were mentioned by the other buyers.
//heartlandowners.org/product/AI-210SS.htm