Charter Member

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Bear Run Campground
  • 184 Badger Hill Road
  • Portersville, PA 16051
THREE PHASE RALLY
Group Rate: June 10,11,&12 2011
"In order to keep the 2010 prices the CG owner is taking payment for the w/e in full...not just a first night deposit."
Full Hook-up 50 amp (pull-thru) $49.50 per night
Full Hook-up 30 amp $44.10 per night
Water & Electric 35.10 per nigh
t

Reservations taken by preferred category
and will be organized by size of participants units regarding actual site placement
in order to best accommodate all group guests and Club members.

Reservation office hours are 9 to 7 daily. (or leave a message) #888-737-2605

• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: no fee, it is free

Details:
  • Number of sites held: all of them
  • Site fee: See above
  • Club Member Event fee: non club member will have a fee of $10 / person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/11/2011
  • Potluck time: All day, or until the food runs out

• Event Leader: dieselengineer(click to contact)
Additional Info:
This will be the start of a three phase rally. Yes I said three big and different phases that no other rally has ever seen to date. More on this at a later time. Let just say, Start making plans to have this weekend go into the week of the Great North American International Heartland Owner Rally 2011

The web site http://bearruncampground.com/

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

Haha folks if that doesn't get your attention I don't know what will! I'm not even sure what the dieselengineer has planned haha!!

This is a very preliminary notice. We are going to have details hammered out within a week...but let me say that this owner was a pleasure to talk to over the phone and he will do whatever we need in order for us to have a great rally. I have my wagonmaster in the field...Dan the cableman, meeting with him and tour the site more extensively. Dan was there on Monday and told me that this would be a nice place for a rally. I will post more as I get the details, but I felt very positive after speaking with Todd (owner). I do believe we will be getting a group discount. There are 50 amp full hookup pull-thrus, and 30 amps... plus there are water and electric sites only...but we can all be together in a section of the CG. Also a place for our potluck. For those of you checking out the website, the area we would be in is in the lower left corner of the CG map..

I will post as I know more details. Stay tuned!! I just wanted to give you all a heads-up!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Oh oh ...... my heart is starting to palpitate, sweaty palms ... I fear another attack of raly-aholic-itis:p. OK, I already posted the dates on the calendar earlier for the PA rally, Goshen makes 2, so I wonder what the third phase is????? Does the dieselengineer accept bribes????:eek:

GarthJ

I have never been to a rally, this one is very close to home. Might be worth seeing what a rally is all about. We have had our sundance 2998RB for 2 years. So I think I will write this one in pencil on the calendar.

jbeletti

Good move Garth. You will not regret going to a PA rally - or any Heartland rally for that matter. Great people, great time, great memories.

Jim

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I have never been to a rally, this one is very close to home. Might be worth seeing what a rally is all about. We have had our sundance 2998RB for 2 years. So I think I will write this one in pencil on the calendar.

Throw away the pencil and take up a permanent ball point pen. If you've never been to a rally you don't know what you are missing. But beware, once you attend a rally you are putting yourself at risk to becoming a raly-aholic.

Cheryl and Jim--good Lord willing and the creek don't rise we'll be there along with our two rally-aholic labs.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Oh oh ...... my heart is starting to palpitate, sweaty palms ... I fear another attack of raly-aholic-itis:p. OK, I already posted the dates on the calendar earlier for the PA rally, Goshen makes 2, so I wonder what the third phase is????? Does the dieselengineer accept bribes????:eek:

Don't worry yet Eric. I spoke to the experts who claim that it is not a truly serious condition until you are diagnosed with "Rally-holic-itis-ISM" You just need a stready diet of pot luck and rest around a campfire and it should simmer down a bit for ya!. Don't worry because the Eastern Chapter Leaders are all trained and certified to schedule and apply your treatments. We'll take care of ya baby!

dieselsweetheart

Garth if you're penciling in PA you may as well go all the way and convoy out to Goshen/Elkhart with us. How does the promise of a factory tour strike you? How about envisioning every model that Heartland makes on the Elkhart fairgrounds, seminars, touring, shopping in nearby Amish country, food, food, and more food. Oh and yes, don't forget the friendship. When you head out to Goshen you will know the PA gang, when you leave Goshen you will have made many more friends... As Mikey's brother used to say.."Try it, you'll like it!"

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Cheryl!! I can't believe it...this rally will fit right into our schedule. We have our son's wedding reception in Baltimore on June 4th. We'll be staying at Gettysburg...we can easily head to this rally on our way to Goshen too...PENCIL US IN!!!

We really enjoyed spending the little time we could with everyone at Hershey...this way we can spend alot of time...if you guys will have us...Kathy and Ken

dieselengineer

Charter Member

Eric
All I can say at this time, Goshen is not the second phase. We will have the first ever three phase rally that people will be talking about for years. You may need to pace yourself on this one Eric. Again , I am going for your rally vote.

cableman

Cheryl,

I need to send a message but your mailbox is full. can you delete some messages and make some room.

dieselsweetheart

Hang in there everyone until I get final information. I can tell you that we have a mix of pull thrus, back-ins, 50 amp, 30 amp, and full hook-ups, water and electric only. I talked to owner Todd today and I can tell you he is excited to host our rally and will do whatever we need done to ensure a great time. Cableman walked the CG yesterday with Todd and took a lot of pictures and although it's an older CG, it seems to have everything we need. It's right next to Moraine State park too...so if you have inflatable boats...I'm sure you can bring 'em!

I will have additional information by next Wednesday so wait until then to call. At that time I will tell you what the rate per night will be, he is working up a price for us since we are a group. I will tell you that he will hold sites until January 15th....at which time he will release them and you will take what you get after that, providing he has sites left. He does have another section in the back that are electric and water only...so if we fill up the front we could move to that back area.

Lucia, hear that???? JANUARY 15th, 2011. That is the cut-off date. LOL Yankin' your chain, sista.

Stay tuned!!! In the meantime, check your schedules to see if you can make it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.