Help need to manually overide slide out MPg

I think battery not strong enough for the slidenout to retract. Tried turning on car engine to try and charge. Missing most of slide out manual with picture and instruction on how to do manually. I need pcs and detail instruction thanks.

Clueless female newbie

Btw anyone near the Monterey ca area please pm me. Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
High tech, we need more information.

Are you hooked up to shore power or boondocking?

Are the battery terminals tight and clean?

Is your TV charging your battery?

Anything you can tell us will help.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Under the slide should be a hole or slot for the manual crank rod. Insert the rod (should be fastened in a storage area) and turn for about a million times. :) Just kidding it's only about a thousand turns. I'm not familiar with the MPG, so could be as simple as a round hole in the slide towards the bottom.

Bob&Patty

Hightech, sorry, I should have mentioned what Deb stated. The bigger issue is still why it wont work electrically.

Willym

If it is a BAL Accuslide room (cable operated) then there is a manual under the Heartland Owners Tools tab,. Go to manuals, slide outs, rooms, BAL for the manual.

If it is a Lippert mechanical slide of the type that I am familiar with, you will need a wrench to turn the shaft on the drive gearbox under the trailer. One of the end stops may need adjusting causing slides will jam in the open or closed position. You may just need to move the slide a little manually in order to get the electric motor to start driving it. Do you get any sound from the motor when you push the button? If it is jammed you may hear the drive clutch slipping. The end stop adjustment on Lippert slides is a fairly simple job

hello i was boondocking out of necessity so had no power source for two days but did not use anything but the the slide out once to open and the lights once. figured out how to manually close after calling heartland. now I am at rv park and hooked up and had to manually open slideout, as still no power getting to the slide out. Can someone tell me how to access the plug to the slide out so I can try to plug in better? I think I can see it but can not reach from the sides. there has got to be better way to access the simple plug so I can see if that is the problem. btw this is brand new RV thanks

Hello,

Still needing to know how to access the plug in for the slide out so I can see if that is lose. I have already checked the fuses. I think it is not getting power because the slideout has come unplugged to the power source. I think I see where it plugs but no way for my hand to reach.. There has got to be a way to access that plug. Can some please tell me how? Thanks

Bob&Patty

Have you called HL service?? If not, have your VIN# ready when you call. Remember they built it and can tell you how to fix it.

Yes I did and the service guy just referred to the very general manual that is supplied by heartland. and really did not want to take the time to look and see how to access the relay control power (which he was not even sure was).

It seems taht heartland is very dependent on the owners to figure out through trial and error or through having to go to RV centers and pay for service and then report back in these forums and wikkis instead of having the information at hand. I am totally amazed there is no user manual specifically for my MPG 185 that actual tells where things are located and how to access them. Instead, I get the very general instruction to "LOcate" such and such and flip thew switch or light it and if you do not do it right you will catch the place on fire... etc... W/out telling you where to look, what it looks like, how to access it and how to do it.

Also, For each part, like the Water heater, It all depends on what type you have, which again the very general Heartland manual does not tell you, so consequently I have been w/ hot water this entire week of camping and hooked up to electricity !

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't even get an idea of the layout of that trailer from the HL website. Try to download the product catalog and all you get is "STACK OVERLOAD" message. And then a screen asking for name, address, phone, and when you want to buy. CTD.