Need help with TV hook up

Hello...we have a Trail Runner. Last time out we tried to use the TV but couldn't get a signal using the roof antenna. Today I tried it again at home and no signal. I then tried connecting house cable to the unit and that works. One thing that's got me puzzled is the hook up. There is a red, white and blue hook up by the TV coming from the radio and also the screw on coax on a wall plate with the power boost. I assumed that the roof antenna would come by way of the coax with the power booster but when I hooked up the house cable to the outside of the trailer and hooked the TV to the coax with the power boost I got a picture but not a good one until I turned on the power boost. Why would I need the power boost with a cable connection. Does the signal from the antenna and signal from cable come into the same connection? This has got me confused and I can't find much information in the manuals about connecting the TV. Has anyone had a problem like this or could someone explain how this is supposed to work....Thanks HappyPappy

branson4020

Icantre Member
The way it SHOULD work is, booster ON for TV and OFF for cable. The booster is also a sort of splitter, both the cable and antenna are connected there. I suspect yours is miswired.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Do you have an Antenna Tek antenna? here is an owners guide. You may have to remove the wall plate to check the coax connections. If they are connected correctly, you may have a bad connector. If that is the case, you'll need a ohmmeter or continuity tester to check each coax for a grounded or bad contact.

Admin: Installation and Service Manual added to Heartland Owners Manuals (link)

Attachments

• Antenna Tek.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Bob and Ray for the quick replies. This will give me an idea on what to look for. We are heading out today for a few days and when we get set up I'll try again. It does sound like something may be miss wired. I will let you know what I find....Thanks again HappyPappy

Problem solved. The cables were switched for the antenna and cable in, that solved one problem. The other problem was that I wasn't setting my TV up properly to receive a signal from the antenna. Had to have my wife figure that out, boy that kills me to say that.

Thanks Again
HappyPappy