Drivers side slide problem?

albertr

Not sure I can describe this but......We have a 2011 greystone 29mk. When drivers side slide is in the floor of the slide tilts up about 3" on the front tapering back to laying flat after about 3 Ft. It fits flat on the floor for the entire length after this. Looks pretty odd. Not sure if its a problem. Scared to step on it because the floor may pull away from the wall. Any thoughts on this? Thanks ...Al

Vtxkid

Albertr, you didn't state wether or not it was your main slide but our 3010 Cyclone does the same thing when it is all the way in... Wouldn't be to concerned about it, however I will say that we don't make it a habit to step on the "lip" area of the slid while it is in if we don't have to.

jimtoo

Not sure I can describe this but......We have a 2011 greystone 29mk. When drivers side slide is in the floor of the slide tilts up about 3" on the front tapering back to laying flat after about 3 Ft. It fits flat on the floor for the entire length after this. Looks pretty odd. Not sure if its a problem. Scared to step on it because the floor may pull away from the wall. Any thoughts on this? Thanks ...Al

You might take a look under the slide with flashlight when only partically moved out to see if anything is under the slide. Your main concern is, does the outside of the slide seal against the main body of the trailer, even(or close) all the way around? If it does then nothing is wrong inside. The floor of the slide is not by design to be level with the floor inside of the unit when retracted. If you look at the outside wall of the slide when it is extended, you will see that it is tapered or slanted. In other words when the slide is out, the bottom of the slide is longer than the top of the slide. You should not walk or put much pressure on the floor of the slide when it is retracted because it has no support under it.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

We recently bought a 2011 greystone 32RL which has the same charaterics when the slides are retracted. We were told when we took delivery that this is normal in order that the floor of the slide and main room are level when extended (many RVs have a small step up when entering the slide). Will be interested if you learn any difference to this explanation.

albertr

I haven't had a chance to check this further. It is in a storage area about 15 miles away. What is odd is that only about 2-3 feet is bent up off the floor. The rest lays perfectly flat on the floor.(all observations are when slide is retracted) The explanation that this happens so that the floor lays flat when extended is hard to visualize.

albertr

I did not find anything underneath the slide floor that would cause it to lift up when retracted. All 3 slides fit tight against the sides when retracted. ....Al