Fantastic fan issue

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Sometimes when the fan starts to come on the vent begins lifting then will close. It will sometimes do this many times before either staying open or closed. Thermostat is set so it should come on and stay on for awhile. It seems like it might be a thermostat issue any thoughts?

jbeletti

Hi bill and Sallie,

I don't have an answer for you but you want to give Fantastic a quick call. their number is listed on the left side of the portal page. If you find anything out, please post it back here for all to learn :)

Thanks,

Jim

jnbhobe

As Jim said call Fantastic Fan they are very helpful, It sounds to me like it is the thermostat. They sent me one under warrenty.

robnmo

Just jump across the thermo wires (close the circuit) if the fan opens and works fine, it's the thermo.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Called FF and they said to clean the contacts on the thermostat and if that doesn't correct it twist the wires together. Still doesn't work call them back. Not exactly sure what they mean by twisting the wires together, but will find out in a couple of hours.

robnmo

Called FF and they said to clean the contacts on the thermostat and if that doesn't correct it twist the wires together. Still doesn't work call them back. Not exactly sure what they mean by twisting the wires together, but will find out in a couple of hours.

Take the red and white off the thermo, and twist them (or use a jumper) to connect the two wires, that closes the circuit thus eliminating the thermo from the circuit the FF should run continuous at that point, if it does then it's a thermo problem. Now we had an issue with ours also, it ended up being a broken thermostat wire INSIDE the wire insulation about 1/2 inch from where they connected it to the thermo terminal. So you might want to take some plies and just tug (lightly) on the bare end of each stripped wire to make sure the wires are solid, then twist them together/or jump (I prefer to jump thermostat wires, they can be somewhat tender and easily break inside the insulation) and see if your FF runs. Once I found the problem had no issues since. Hope this helps