Family additions

Cheryl

Hi all! Haven't been on for awhile. Nelson and I have been working on getting my niece and nephew out of foster care. Tuesday of last week, the judge transferred custody to us. They are 1 and 3 years old and the cutest sweetest babies.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 14

rjr6150

Nelson and Cheryl
You are truly blessed. Kathy (the better half) works in child protection while foster homes are great there is nothing like loving family

Cheryl

Well, I survived my first week back at work. The kids are still doing great, they are very happy with our "daycare" provider. Thanks for all the well wishes! Keep us in your prayers that this becomes permanent.

jimtoo

They look extremely happy... and Uncle Nelson (?) looks like he is happy also. You must be doing a great job and it's so good that you wanted them and care for them.

Jim M

Cheryl

They call us Mommy and Daddy. There is a hearing scheduled for next month for the birth parents. Childrens' Services has officially changed their paperwork from reunification with parents to adoption. If the judge agrees, he will grant us permanent custody at the hearing. Then we can start the adoption process. I've been told that takes some time though.