best way around Dallas Tx

plumberdude

DW and I are leaving from Wichita Fall, Tx on Oct11, we were wondering what is the best route to take to avoid all the traffice around Dallas. We will be staying at Coyote Ranch RV Park on 287 and heading to see all of our new friends in Rayford Crossing for the Rally.

Just don't want to haul that big rig down the major freeway!

Pat

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Just stay on 287 and go through Ft. Worth. When we go that way, we stop for the night in Burleson or Mansfield and then continue on down 287 to I-45. 287 is a good road all the way, and mostly a divided highway with few stops.

plumberdude

Is there a good park in Burelson or Mansfield? We thought we could do all the way from WF, but I think that would be to long
without stopping for the night.

DW

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
There is the Rustic Creek Ranch, formerly known as RV Ranch in Burleson. It has changed its name since we stayed there and is now a Jellystone park which caters to kids. Of course, Pat will love all the kiddie rides but please don't hog them from the kids there...

In Mansfield there is the Texan RV park which is a Passport America park and a good place to stay overnight.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Pat,

It is about 351 miles from Wichita Falls to Spring by the way of 287 - I-45. At 60 MPH it will take about 6.5 to 7.0 hours to complete the trip.

jimtoo

Best way around Dallas ,,Fort Worth,,,, Go south to San Antonio,,get I 10 and go to Houston,, then North to Spring....

Jim M