Heartland's new website

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
http://heartlandrvs.com/

Not sure if I understand the Prowler section of the site unless it comes under the Trail Runner line. Prowler has it's own tab but then the description says it is a Trail Runner.
let the front page scroll through all the product lines. Very nice especially the Prowler brand.

Overall the website is easy to navigate and much more eye catching.

Incredible Job!!!

Tom of Ypsi

I would have thought that HL would have waited until after the Louisville, KY show when the new models with new names on the LM line debuts.

2010augusta

I use Google's Chrome as a web engine and its does not play well with the new site. I have text that is close to, but not in the tabs. The viewable area feels small, like there is more below the bottom, but the background does not move. A lot of text is just cut off.

It needs more fine tuning and the info needs to be updated badly, the history section ends: "As we approach 2009....". come on that was 2 years ago.

Here is a screen shot of my issue:
neew%20web.JPG

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Alan, I am using Chrome also. While I do have some text cut off it does scroll.
I am sure it will all get resolved, but I still love the graphics

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I am using Google Chrome version 6.0.472.73, and that page is displays perfect. You might check your version and possible upgrade to the newest version.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I use safari (newest version) and it doesn't play well with that either. My newer computer loads it OK, but my older, slower one, takes so long that I just walk away before it finishes. The older computer seldom has problems with other sites unless they contain too many moving graphic files. It looks great, but all those nice moving graphics slow the site way too much for the older computers. We found with our hotrod store site, that there is a balance between eye-catching and functionality that you have to use, as not everyone has an investment in the newest fastest computers. Besides, us older folks are an impatient lot.. :)

jcarnevale

I rate the new website right up there with the "Heartland Owners Manual" (OK, maybe that's a little harsh, it is colorful). It is in dire need of current content. Hey webmaster, get out of your cubicle and go next door and take some current pictures of your product line. You are trying to sell this stuff aren't you?

Firefox 3.6.10 appears to display it properly.

debh

the new site doesnt play well at all with mine either. locks the entire internet up. what does load takes a long time!

ChopperBill

I rate the new website right up there with the "Heartland Owners Manual" (OK, maybe that's a little harsh, it is colorful). It is in dire need of current content. Hey webmaster, get out of your cubicle and go next door and take some current pictures of your product line. You are trying to sell this stuff aren't you?

Firefox 3.6.10 appears to display it properly.

Did notice pictures that were not up to date. Lots of folks think they are going to get what they see. Lots of folks know you are probably not. Need to keep pictures current, as it does not take much to shoot a picture and put it on a web site. Pretty good web site all in all, but some what "busy". My FF works well also and is faster on the the currant web site than the other.

azbound

The Heartland web page has always lagger behind production. Example; I ordered my Bighorn in November of 07 and the web page was showing the 2008 models, when my BH arrived it was the 2009 model. The Heartland web site didn't get updated for the 09 models for at least a month after my 09 was delivered. Don't misunderstand me I was elated to get an 09, I was expecting an 08 as I didn't know the 09s were in production. I am sure I got one of the first if not the first 09 to come off the line. My point is the web site lagges design and production.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not to jump on the complaints bandwagon, but the site has a lot of Flash used in the coding. This renders it unusable on all iPhones and iPads. As one who frequently checks the forum, facebook, email, surfs, etc. using my phone, (and often while camping in places where a traditional computer/Internet connection isn't always available,) I'm disappointed that you've taken away functionality of your site from me.

TT

Rickhansen

I spent some time on the new site yesterday. I can't say I liked it very much. While it functioned and displayed properly in Firefox, I found it too busy for my tastes. I wanted to see the pictures, but the flash scroll bar was always in the way. I too was surprised/confused to see the Prowler content. Sometime the content gets lost in the glamor of the navigation tools.

ihsolutions

Agree with other comments about the content being dated. Back in January when we started the process to order our 2011, we had a heck of a time understanding what was what, 2010 vs. 2011. If you think of the website as a valuable sales tool (which it is) it MUST contain all the relevant info a buyer would need to make a purchase decision.