Really Love our Centerpoint AND our Truck after this morning

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
First the Trailair Centerpoint...never knew how good it actually worked until this morning. Left a Goodsam Rally in Marion, NC...got about 30 miles down I-40, when the lightbulb in my brain went off...LEFT MY FULL PAPER CUP OF COFFEE ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER:eek:!!

Pulled over as soon as we found a wide shoulder...went back expecting to find a BIG mess...there sat the 3/4 full coffee cup, exactly where I left it and not one drop spilled...:cool: Made my morning!!

Now the truck...really glad I remembered the coffee when I did, because awhile later, while going thru Knoxville, a car two spaces in front of me blew a tire. He slammed on his brakes and headed for the right shoulder while his hubcap headed across 4 lanes of traffic for the left shoulder! Everybody else started slamming on their brakes in front of me...I looked in the rearview, there was a car between me and DH who was towing the Bighorn...what do I see? This yahoo behind me almost completely stop in the middle of I-40 and DH have to stand on the brakes of the C4500...that's 28,000lbs trying to stop on a dime...he managed to swing into the right lane (lucky no one was there) and missed the car by literally INCHES!!!

Needless to say I had to do some laundry when we set down for night..LOL!! Not really, he did say though he was glad we didn't have the '98 Dodge 1-ton we used to own...it would have never been able to hold back the rig like the "Beast" did...that truck just paid for itself...:angel:

Safe Travels!! Pay attention out there...:D

dieselsweetheart

We had almost the exact same scenario heading to Outer Banks 2 years ago..someone stopped in front of my brother-in-law...towing an SOB..we right behind him. Well, we almost hit the back of his RV (complete with bikes hanging off the back)...DH muttered a few choice words and looked to the right to see if he could swing in the right lane...which we did...avoiding having those bikes land in our laps.... when we got back, DH ordered and then put on the disc brakes. We sure can stop now!

aatauses

hey kakampers,
We also had a CP installed--we have a BH 3670 and experimenting on pressure--what pressure are you running in yours?
al

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
hey kakampers,
We also had a CP installed--we have a BH 3670 and experimenting on pressure--what pressure are you running in yours?
al

We try to keep it at 70psi, as suggested by Ron the installer at Trailair. Seems to work pretty well, especially mid-ship and forward, as the coffee attested...however, things still bounce around a bit in the tailend. Don't think anything will fix that...it's the nature of a long, overhanging rearend I guess.