Doran PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Deb

Deb
I need some suggestions. I want to order the Doran Tire Pressure system for my husband for Christmas, but if I do - we don't have a good place to mount the monitor in the truck. Every available space is already taken up with other bells and whistles. So before I order - do you have any suggestions as to where we could mount the monitor? We have a Dodge 2001, 2500.

Thanks
Deb

jbeletti

Deb,

In my 2005 Dodge RAM, I mounted the receiver to the sun visor on the driver's side using Velcro. I grabbed power from the overhead console trip computer. I'll post or point you to pictures.

Bought my unit from Tim at www.rvcams.com.

Jim

Deb

Deb
Thanks Jim - the sun visor is about all that is left. In fact we will have to move the CD holder - but that is easy fix. Did having the monitor on the visor interfer with the use of the visor? Guess the wire went to the left before winding over to the center console.

Love this forum.

Deb

jpmorgan37

Hi Deb;
I've got mine mounted on the right sun visor and that way, it doesn't interfere with the drivers sun visor. My cord goes into the accessory port and it's an easy removal when I'm parked for a period of time.
John

jbeletti

Deb,

Glad you are finding the forum useful. A lot of great owners on here eager to help each other out.

My receiver is on the left or driver's side visor. The visor is hinged on the left near the door window (or A pillar). The visor clips into the truck headliner on the right next to the console computer. What I did was take that clip off and put a very small notch in it in order to route the receiver power wire through it and up into the headliner and over to the computer.

Then I snapped the clip back into place. I can flip the visor up and all the way down - no problem. But when (if) I ever want to swing the visor over to the door window, I need to unplug the receiver due to the way I routed the power cable. As such, I never swing it over and in practice, I have never really wanted to do so.

Ideally, routing the wire to the left, then inside and down the A-pillar would be ideal.

Best of luck to you - it's a great gift. Get the model that comes with enough transmitters to cover all 4 (or 6) truck tires as well as all trailer tires. If you're going to monitor, may as well monitor it all. Some people even buy 2 more, one for the spare tire on the truck and one for the spare on the trailer. I did not buy those two extra though.

Jim