Sat. wire to Bedroom

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I have been unable to get signal from Sat. connection in UDC which should be to BR. We checked for continuity from connection in UDC to outlet in BR and it shows to be a dead wire. Could there be a barrel connector somewhere in that line that is disconnected? Also, I had 2nd air installed at dealer. Is it possible the wire got cut during that installation; is that cable routed across that general area?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
hognac, I feel your pain. Although I am not from the factory I have had experience with the satellite signal to the bedroom. I did this on both my 2008 and 2011 Bighorns.
I think, and key here is think, that there is a splitter somewhere in line. Satellite signals do not work and play well with splitters.
What I did is to find the coax that runs to the bedroom. It has been a white one on both my rigs. In the basement behind the bulkhead is where I cut it off. I then put on a new connector and added a barrel connector. I then attached another piece of coax and ran it to one of the UDC connectors. Everything works now as it should.
I know I have some pics of what I did in one of my PC's, If you need them I will look for them.
Sounds easy, and it is.
As far as the installation of your AC I doubt that anything was disturbed. Everything is in place in the ceiling so the AC is more or less plug and play.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
hoganc, actually the satellite connection in the docking center is routed to the living room entertainment center. The "cable" connection in the UDC should go to the bedroom. That said, there are times that the connector on the coax cables is loose and needs to be checked. If you don't feel this is something you want to do it may be best to get back to your dealer and have him to a thorough check on the coax wiring in your trailer. This is something they should have checked in the first place. Just my opinion on that.

hogan

Ray, thanks for the reply. According to the diagram in the docking center, there are four sat. connections; two from the top of the coach for the rooftop antenna, which I do not have and one for living room and one for bedroom. I tried using the cable connection to route the sat. signal, but it caused voltage problems with the Direct receiver; would not pull in all the transponders.

hogan

Thanks Dave. I need to pull that bulkhead anyway and reinforce it; it is attached so poorly that the TV mount in basement allows TV to sag about three inches end to end. Thanks for the tip. If you can find those pics, that would be great.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I forgot to mention is that on the new rig the BR satellite was mis-marked at the UDC. Don't rely on the markings.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

Hoganc,

There is a barrel splice connector (F81) in the closet floor under the carpet on the door side. The 2nd AC shouldn't affect your cable set up.

I hope this helps.

hogan

Thanks Kary, Is that barrel connector in the nose closet or in the small closet next to where the TV is mounted. I have 3670RL 2011.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, thanks for the reply. According to the diagram in the docking center, there are four sat. connections; two from the top of the coach for the rooftop antenna, which I do not have and one for living room and one for bedroom. I tried using the cable connection to route the sat. signal, but it caused voltage problems with the Direct receiver; would not pull in all the transponders.
Apparently things have changed since 2007.:eek: They must have added connections for multiple receivers. Good to know for the future. Thanks!

K

karykatz

Hognac,

The barrel conector is located in the Washer/dryer closet in the carpet corner cover piece.

I hope this helps.

K

karykatz

Inks,

All the Barrel connectors are in the same place in all Bighorns.

I hope this helps.