pans/trays for rv oven

rons5er

We will snowbird for the first time next year. DW likes to bake but she is having trouble finding compatible pans and trays for our oven. I told her I would check with the experts on the forum. Any suggestions? Thanks. Good Travels

robnmo

Every thing we use is cast iron, no more glass baking dishes, aluminum pans, etc. Got a casserole dish, several different sized skillets (4" up to 12"), some lids to fit the 6,8 and 10 inch skillets, and couple different sized kettles (chili and soups on the stove) bought everything from flea markets, or auctions normally grisswold, or wagner or lodge nothing imported and preferably not new (avoids the seasoning process). She makes everything from cakes (2 layer) to corn bread, and everything inbetween, non stick, easy clean up and everything fits fine in the RV oven. Have some tupperware and plastic stuff for microwave warmup. Only problem is they're heavy, but sure makes some tasty food. Just an idea, that works for us.

2010augusta

When using the convection oven in our LM it is important for things to spin, so nothing more than 12" in the longest dimension. I have found that 8,9, & 10" spring forms work well and so do 8x8 square pans. I have a small 6 muffin pan for muffins and rolls We have a 12" pizza sheet that doubles as a cookie/baking sheet for many needs. I also use the drip trays that came with the microwave as baking sheet when I need multilevel baking.

in the gas oven almost anything well work, I use a roasting pan for full sized turkeys, 9x13 for small sheet cakes, the 8x8 and spring-forms work too, my standard airbake cookie sheets, just barely fit in the oven too.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My wife sometimes uses reusable silicone muffin cups for cornbread and for other things regular pots and pans. We did buy an RV set of pots and pans from Kitchen Craft (not cheap but will last a lifetime). The Kitchen Craft pots can be found at RV shows and work great.
We even got a Kitchen Craft slow cooker. They heat evenly and clean easily.