Landmark Ontario

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Looking at the Heartland site and there is a new floor plan called the Ontario

Is this the new model? Looks good, but can you access the frig when the dinette slide is closed?

2011_LM_Ontario-Lit.png

Tom of Ypsi

This might be one of the new models but the big news will be at the Louisville show in Nov. The one I heard about has a Texas city name.

Willym

This is a newish LM model, but it is the same layout as the Bighorn 3610RE. I have seen these at our dealer's, and access to the fridge when the slides are in is not possible. We almost bought one, but then saw the Rushmore.

jbeletti

...access to the fridge when the slides are in is not possible...

While the above is accurate - Landmark comes standard with individual slide room controls. Should a foot of room exist outside on the door side, a couple of seconds on the slide switch will run the dinette slide out far enough to get to the refer :)

Jim

ChopperBill

Yep takes seconds to move the slide IF it is really necessary. Sure didn't sway our decision. Guess we spend more time at the site than worrying about getting in a refer on the road.

dieselsweetheart

That's true about the cooler. I would do that if I owned such a lovely Landmark! Dieseleng, does this mean we're going to have to buy a new cooler??? :)

caissiel

We have the 3500RL with the island and we usualy open the main slide about 8 inches most of the pit rest stop we do. It only extends about the same width as the door rail that we have to open to get in the unit.

Willym

We often crack a slide open at rest stops to get to a drawer or to the pantry. The hydraulic system makes it pretty fast. If it's cold or raining, and we have space we'll put one side fully out if required so that we have somewhere to sit and eat.

On the Ontario, we also noticed that none of the upper cabinets had sufficient depth for dinner plates.