Actual Exterior Height

trackeer

Looking to confirm the actual height with AC Units etc, I have a large building I lease and it has a 14 Foot Opening and I have seen 13'2" listed, does this include the ac units or other top mounted features???

Thanks

Moe

jimtoo

Hi Moe,

I have a 3055 with front a/c. I measured mine and I am at 13' 2". I set level when towing. The only way you will know for sure is hookup and measure. To measure I laid a board across highest part which was frt a/c and used tape setting level and hooked up. As far as I know, 13' 6" is max legal height. But,,, you need to watch overpasses and railroad tressels on older roads and towns... some are really low.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Also don't forget to add a couple of inches for safety in case you go over a bump while going under an overpass.

Mike Aplin

On our weights and measures page on the new website, please check out the overall heights for the full profile units. We have them listed as 13' 3". Take care, Mike

Northern Virginia
My Landmark is listed about 4" shorter than my actual height with my set up. Like Jim said, you need to measure because there are too many variables. 13'6" is the max allowable height. I would I bet you are under that with just about any set up.

John

Moose

I saw pictures of a destroyed trailer that hit an overpass. . . . .

When they re-paved the highway they didn't plane off the old asphalt and just added a 4" overlay of new asphalt which reduced clearances by 4 inches.

The next day DOT were there cutting out the pavement.

Betya the lawyers got rich. LOL

robnmo

Looking to confirm the actual height with AC Units etc, I have a large building I lease and it has a 14 Foot Opening and I have seen 13'2" listed, does this include the ac units or other top mounted features???

Thanks

Moe

Ours is listed at 13'3", I measured and it came out right at 13'3", that was off the highest point which was the front A/C

trackeer

Thanks All,

My biggest concern was clearence through a 14 foot Bay opening, Mike I did see the exterior height and wanted to confirm that included ac units etc.
As others have stated there are many bridges up here that are 12 feet max and perhaps some lower. These bridges tend to be on the roads less traveled and I have witnessed them first hand when we were in our cube trucks and decided to play it safe and go around.

Thanks

Moe