Motor for rear stabalizers on 2011 35QSQB (Broke off)

kenlawson

When I got home from camping trip on Sunday I noticed wires hanging by the back bumper. I found the motor for the rear stabalizers had broken off where it bolts on during the trip home. Looks like a faulty unit or poor design that can't handle the vibration. Have others had this problem? I purchased the unit May/2010. I've notified the dealer and sent pictures, but have not heard from them yet.

jimtoo

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I see you have been a member of the forum for a while, glad your getting your feet wet with a post. Not the kind we like, but hopefully your dealer will get things taken care of for you. I have never heard of this problem before, but always a first time.

Enjoy the forum and keep us updated.

Jim M

wdk450

When I got home from camping trip on Sunday I noticed wires hanging by the back bumper. I found the motor for the rear stabalizers had broken off where it bolts on during the trip home. Looks like a faulty unit or poor design that can't handle the vibration. Have others had this problem? I purchased the unit May/2010. I've notified the dealer and sent pictures, but have not heard from them yet.

I would seperately call Lippert service at the number listed on the portal home page left side, and inform them of the problem. I am sure that Heartland service will pass this on to them as the frame/suspension warranty is seperate.

Northern Virginia
I have a differnt model than you so I am not that familair with your stabilizer. But, I doubt just the vibration would break it. Mine was assembled with grade 5 bolts. I broke one of mine backing into a steep site and it hit the ground and broke loose as I backed up. I had to fix it and I used grade 8 bolts as just the bolts bent and pulled through the metal. Is there a chance you did the same thing without knowing it. I wouldn't have known I did it if it weren't for the sweet screeching of my lovely bride...

John

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have a friend that lost one of his motors when he hit a tire carcass on the road, knocking it off.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Did you lose it going down hwy 830? Cause I saw a BH going that way the other day and saw their motor dangling. I couldn't stop them as I was going the other way. Looked to me like the motor has come unbolted. Just another reason to periodically check all of the bolts and screws around the RV, both inside and out. Vibrations can cause loosening.