Samsung Home Theater Question

sdagro

Wanting to have outdoor speakers for my unit,I recently bought 2 Rocketfish wireless speakers from Best Buy and have been unable to get them to work. Problem is when I try to plug the wireless puck/transmitter in at the RCA Audio jack on the back of the Samsung all they do is hum. The speaker wire jacks are the Samsung proprietary type connectors which do not match the RCA male ends on the transmitter. Question is..is there a converter to get from the RCA to a Samsung wire connector end? Thanks in advance. Steve

jbeletti

Steve,

To use speaker level outputs with the RCA inputs on the transmitter, you may need a line level converter (link).

But it's my guess there is something else wrong. I too have wireless speakers that have a transmitter that has RCA inputs. I have it connected to the audio output from the TV's audio out RCA jacks. Mine works fine.

Does your transmitter/receiver have multiple channels? Mine has 3 and I have had to change it before.

Consider taking the speaker system home and trying it with another TV to see if you don't actually have an issue with the speaker system.

Jim

sdagro

It does work at home. If I were to hook them up to my tv in the camper could I play my cds in my Samsung thru my TV and hear it thru wireless speakers??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's the Samsung HTX-20, there isn't any fix. That model is a bottom feeder. I've got a wireless speaker set, but there's no place on that thing to plug the transmitter in. So I hook my little MP3 player to the speaker and leave it at that. The Samsung can't recognize a Sansa MP3 player, either, via it's USB port. Can't run the TV through the stereo, either, since it doesn't have an HDMI port and no manner of monkeying gets it to work.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Yup, got to agree with John, that Samsung is seriously low-end. I'm getting reay to replace mine with a regular 5.1 home theater receiver and a separate Blu-Ray player.

sdagro

Thanks guys. Your comments will save me a lot of time and cussing. I will save the cussing for the fridge problems. New Fridge came in last week. They will run it a few days then I will bring my Bighorn in next Monday for swap out. Hope this works but I am not very positive about it. Steve