picking a dealer

Ronn

I'm planning on driving across the country to get my 3010. I realize the importance of buying locally, but the price overrides that by a mile. I also am looking forward to the trip. Without naming a particular dealer, it seems as though price just keeps going down, the closer you get to the factory, is this what everybody else is finding? I am still getting the walk thru, in fact, I am spending the day and night at the "campground" behind the dealer, so in a way, I might actually have more time to work out kinks than others. Maybe I am trying to justify the out of town purchase in my own head.... anybody have thoughts on this??? Saving thousands, Ronn

Yianni

I'm planning on driving across the country to get my 3010. I realize the importance of buying locally, but the price overrides that by a mile. I also am looking forward to the trip. Without naming a particular dealer, it seems as though price just keeps going down, the closer you get to the factory, is this what everybody else is finding? I am still getting the walk thru, in fact, I am spending the day and night at the "campground" behind the dealer, so in a way, I might actually have more time to work out kinks than others. Maybe I am trying to justify the out of town purchase in my own head.... anybody have thoughts on this??? Saving thousands, Ronn

I drove from California to Ohio to buy my 3010. The savings were quite substantial and the family flew in to New Mexico and met me on the way home for the Balloon Festival so it was a great family trip too. I also enjoyed the drive to pick it up. I saw many states I probably would not have visited otherwise.
Enjoy the journey!

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Well i went 2 states over to save $7500 off the best "deal" the local guys would give me.
Service is fine at loal dealers.

danemayer

We also realized massive savings close to the factory - and we also stayed in the dealer's "campground" which is actually just the service center parking lot with 30 AMP electric service. The dealer was able to address a couple of minor issues before we left. We offered the local dealer a couple of thousand dollars more than the quote from near the factory, but they wouldn't go for it.

trackeer

I was asked at another site why the East/West Coasters are willing to travel 600-800 miles to pickup a RV, I simply said the dealers out here in New England aren't even close and refuse to budge on price, the mentality appears if we don't get what we want they can sit on our lot and rot!!!! Our local dealer has 3 2009's that in fact are July 2008 models, I think that sums up the mentality and add to that the banks out here have little interest in financing a RV, credit score, timely payments don't mean crap, the bank for the dealer in oHIo had approval in 2 hours and on top of that beat our local Credit Union by 2.5 Percent. I will gladly travel the 800 or so miles and take pleasure in the fact we got a BRAND new Ordered Camper the way we wanted it for the price we thought was more than fair.
If you can make the time and have no problem making a over the phone deal and work out the details, which by the way these guys have down to a science as they are obvioulsy pro's at it, you can save another 1-2K and go get the camper, walk it at the dealer, spend a day or so and get any issues resolved, maybe hit the factory and have your first experence towing your new toy home, it will be my first.

Thanks

Moe

DMitch

I bought my 3580 from a dealer 800 miles from my home. Before the 3580 I had purchased SOB from a local dealer. The unit was a nightmare from day one, major proble after major problem. Finally the factory authorized me to take the unit some distance from my home to be repaired. After one year of absolutletly no service from the local dealer the unit got fixed in 9 days.

That experience made my decision easy when I wanted to buy a new unit. No local service, don't pay the long dollar for something you are not going to get.

Moose

I just drove 600 miles to pickup my new unit in New England. Compared to Canadian dealer's prices I got a good deal I am happy with.

I probably could have driven to Ohio or Michigan to save more, but I am a happy camper.

Saw some beautiful country and DW "shopped 'till she dropped". And we all know a happy spouse makes for a happy hubby. ROFL

TNT

I drove from California to Ohio to buy my 3010. The savings were quite substantial and the family flew in to New Mexico and met me on the way home for the Balloon Festival so it was a great family trip too. I also enjoyed the drive to pick it up. I saw many states I probably would not have visited otherwise.
Enjoy the journey!

Glad to hear you could enjoy the Balloon Fiesta. Getting ready to start again on Saturday for 9 days. Can already see a lot more traffic and weather should be great!

grizzlygiant

We drove 2200 miles from Idaho to get our new Big Horn in Michigan; saved 32% off local dealer's best. When we bought our new Sundance a dealer in Washington 25 miles from home had the best price in the USA. Go figure.

dynaguy

we shopped 1700 miles from home at lakshore rv, best price we could find, local dealer was over 8500.00 higher and would not budge, must have needed a new bmw or caddy!!! oh well, we saved!!!