Official End of (my) Season

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, today the temps. went back up to the low 70's and the sun was out, so out to the storage yard to put the BH to rest for the winter. Borrowed a generator from the FD so I could run my compressor. Flushed the plumbing out with 40 psi air pressure, including opening up the low point drains and then pumped antifreeze in until it flowed from every faucet and into the toilet. Used the generator to run the W/D after I poured some antifreeze into the drum, per the instructions. Even had to use it to get the ink cartridges out of the printer we leave in there. Checked over everything, all was good, no leaks from the heavy rains we had last week. The tires were still at 110 psi so I put the covers back on them. Pulled the battery and locked it up for the winter.

Forecast is for cold and frost possible this weekend.

Northern Virginia
Are you serious? For our family September and October are our favorite months for camping. Although we get frost in October in Virginia, we don't have to worry about pipes freezing until mid November.

That's a bummer. Are the leaves changing for you all yet? We won't see good colors 'til mid October. (Poor Bob&Patty are still in 100+ temps out on in the Peoples Republic of California)

Stay warm,
John

Vtxkid

I agree with Newbie, we still have 2 to 3 trips left before we cover her up... Can't miss Holloween for sure! I guess thats the advantage of being further south...

Tom_Diane

They will probably have to drag us out of the camp ground kicking and screaming! Not really but we fell into a volenteer job this summer and we are going to milk it for all its worth before we have to go back to our stick and brick place.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We "end" our season early, for now, because the campground where we keep a seasonal site closes October 1. Late September weather in that area can be all over the spectrum, so we're out by the 20th at the latest. Went up one year on October 8th to retrieve the TT from the storage yard and get some stuff off the pontoon still in the slip. Had to scrape 4" of snow off the 'toon to get under the cover.

Eventually, we'll extend our usage to early Spring and Fall road trips with it, but for now, the BH is still our summer cottage in northern Michigan. That's how we used the TT, also. The BH just makes for a whole lot nicer "cottage."

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Heck we're still attending rallies and not really rallies. This has been an awesome month! 6 rigs in Maryland last week. NC/Sc rally this week and 14 rigs in PA next week. We're full timing weekenders!

albertr

Our season is over here. Will winterize soon. Start another season around end of Dec. when we travel to AZ for a few months.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We just spent a week at an RV & Golf spot and winterized the Bighorn before leaving for home. Waiting to see if we can venture south for a few months otherwise I guess we wait for Spring.../Doug

shovelguy

Fortunately we are able to camp year round out here in Oregon. We always go to the beach for New Year's and then there is the post Thanksgiving Rally, the the President's Day Rally. The BH never gets a rest. D&J

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Shovelguy, you have to speak for yourself! lol We'll be done by the first of Nov. and won't see it again until at least March. We miss the trailer during the winter.
Kristy

imchud

Well... Here in northern Ohio where the weather is starting to change quickly we just retired our B/H for the season... Didn't want to, our C/G closes Oct 15th but I will be traveling over the next few weekends and had to shut her down a few weeks earlier. So, I brought her home, and gave her a long well deserved hot bath, winterized her and made a few minor fixes. Tomorrow I make the 5 mile truck to her inside resting place for the winter.