Extra 110v plugs

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SOOO.....now that the front of the Horn won't fall off. This is what I was adding when I found and fixed a bigger problem.

I have always wanted a 110V plug in the front compartment and 1 in the basement. So here are the pix. Now anytime I have 110V with shore or genset power, all I have to do is turn on the compresser. No extension cords or removing it to get power. I have not finished sealing up everything with expanding foam yet...thats why the basement wall is not installed yet.

Attachments

• wall repair on the Horn 014 (Large).jpg
    wall repair on the Horn 014 (Large).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 142
  • wall repair on the Horn 015 (Large).jpg
    wall repair on the Horn 015 (Large).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 137
  • wall repair on the Horn 016 (Large).jpg
    wall repair on the Horn 016 (Large).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 139
  • wall repair on the Horn 017 (Large).jpg
    wall repair on the Horn 017 (Large).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 139

loafer

Gee Bob you are taking this mechanical engineering thing seriously .Looks good my friend nice and neat, that compressor looks right at home in there.
nice to see something positive coming out of all this.
cant wait to see whats next,Hows Callie doing?
regards Bill

Bob&Patty

Bill, shes fine. Now the cat...thats a different story. She is still p***y about the whole thing. I'm not done yet...been thinking about replacing the other plug in there also. It's apart now ..so why not. The plugs they use are really "mickey mouse"..."donald duck"..."mickey mouse". Sorry...couldn't resist. Always watched that show......cause Annette was on it. WOOOOOOOOOOFY.

I don't know if you where reading the thread about compressors about 2 weeks ago...BUT...this thing only weighs 21#'s and at 150 PSI and 50" coiled hose. I'm all set...heck I could air up tires 2 spots away. You know...nice guy that I am..and such a helpful soul. LOL

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey, Bob, looking at your photo of the outlet in the front compartment, makes me think we might be comparing apples to bananas about the gaps in that area. Your construction is entirely different than mine, and maybe some others. My jacks are openly visible inside that compartment, where as yours appear to be outside the compartment. Mine actually extend through the sheet metal floor of the "garage." While I don't like the open spaces I have from a rodent entry standpoint, it might not be a structural defect/problem in the making.

Mine actually has three outlets in the basement. Two on the back wall behind the close-out panels. One has the converter plugged into it, the other has nothing. The third is on the outside surface of the close-out on the DS, next to a TV cable jack. Must be for the TVaholics. It's where my central vac is plugged in.

Bob&Patty

Alan, it's coming along fine...but this other thing came up sooooooo. I did get a "auto-transfer switch", a double throw 30 amp breaker installed. I ran some 10-4 SO wiring to the front. I'm going to wait until after the Buellton rally to finish it. Been FAAAAR TOOOO hot this week and now I'm spending all my time puppy sitting. Besides DennisZ has a 50 amp plug for me and the price is right. It's the same plug that comes on the HL's.

John, yours could be alot different that mine..but... the front wall looks the same. I can see the jacks from inside the front storage compartment and from the LP doors. But you have the "drop frame"...I don't.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, there was a major frame design change between the 2007 and 2008 model years. They drop front frame came in 08 changing the whole picture. And I believe
a stronger front section with better support.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, there was a major frame design change between the 2007 and 2008 model years. They drop front frame came in 08 changing the whole picture. And I believe
a stronger front section with better support.

Thanks, Ray. I've got enough angst from reading these forums, don't need to add to it.

Bob&Patty

Biggy, no its not rolmex. I did not like the idea of a solid wire bouncing around going down the road. I felt that flexable stranded wire would work better. It has 2 hots (red-black), neutral,1 ground and covered with a rubber sheth. The way I ran it, it needs to flex. It might be called appliance cord. HD has both 10-4 SO and 10-3 SO in bulk.

Bighurt

I missed the SO in the first post which stands for Service Oil resistance, which is portable power cord, or appliance cord. SOW adds water resistance to the mix, and SOOW adds Other substances (chemical resistance).

Typically you can get it in lengths from 3 to 500 foot spools. One note, NEC states a qualified electrician must construct power cables over 50' not that it applies in this instance, just a note.

I just wish I could find SOW 6-4 locally...

Cheers