Coolant flush on my 2005 Ford F250 HD

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Same here. I can't enter the forum either.

Why don't you copy part of the main concept and post part of it here that you think would be informative.

BC

caissiel

Sorry I though it could be read by none members
Will post a new thread after this one

This week I did a flush of the Ford antifreeze and installed Peak Diesel Product and surely did not regret going that direction.
Every fitting I removed and hoses that I cut was covered with rust, and that was after I tried to flush for a complete day. Actually a lot was in the flush water.
I proceeded to install a water filter and will never regret the move. I should have flushed that garbage long before now. But the antifreeze itself looked real good so I always thought it was clean inside. That stuff will not clean anything and surely not protect against rust.
I have flushed many cars before after the antifreeze life and never saw so much rust in the fittings, actualy its the first time I do see rust.
I have always believed in the antifreeze flush being the most important, but after 5 years this stuff is garbage, surely would not leave it in that long, without testing again.
Here are pics of the hose I cut off.
HPIM8210.jpg
[/IMG]
HPIM8208.jpg

Also I installed the filter with a clear hose to the Degas bottle from the filter. When stoped the hose is empty and when engine running it fills up. Hope it will indicate a plugged filter when the time comes.
See the pics showing the hose full and emptied. Used a $7 filter for now.
HPIM8212.jpg
HPIM8213.jpg
[/IMG]

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Just did a flush on my 05 Chevy 2500 and it did not look anything like that in my hoses. Maybe the previous owner had already done one.

Rick

jpajax

Flushed my Dodge 3 weeks ago was told not to use any thing but distilled water. It seams that well or city water has minerals that can react with the antifreezes ability to fight rust.

lwmcguir

The 6.0 Fords are difficult to flush. You have to remove the starter to get to the drain plug. I flushed mine again at 100K and it was pretty clear othe than the red antifeeze. I run the large cooland filter that returns to the overflow tank. You check the overflow return to determine when to change the filter.

All Diesel engines should be filled with antifreeze and distilled water. The correct antifreeze based on specs of course. The reason for all the oil cooler and EGR cooler failrues was crud in the antifreeze and the antifreeze breaking down due to the hgh temps on the turbo cooling.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Mixing differiant brands antifreezes on those year Ford diesels will cause buildup like that. I think the factory specs call for the OEM Gold type only.

caissiel

The end result is that after replacing the plugged Oil Cooler, fixing the EGR Cooler and replacing the Hight pressure pump I feel I have a great truck again that may serve me well for the next years.

Along with my problems my son's and his friend Rams are much more then I had with my Ford.
They have Identical 2007 Rams and one had to do the complete front end suspension and my son just had all the Ball joints done this week. And these 2 don't tow anything just highway driving.

Where are the good old trucks of years ago.