Hey all

ATEE

NekidBOMBer
We recently bought a new 2011 Sundance 265rk 5er. We recently took it out for the shake down cruise, at Harris Beach SP in Southern Oregon. I think I'm getting about 1 mpg better than we did with our old 5er. Right after that we took out up the coast to South Beach SP. ;) Things are good so far. There are a few things we found that we will take it back to the dealer for, but over all we are way happier with our new "home on wheels."

jimtoo

Hi Atee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Make a list and get things fixed. Make your unit your own by making the little changes that will be for your own use and preferences.

Enjoy the forum and check out the Heartland Owners Club and try to make a rally in your area. You will meet lots of great people at a rally.

Jim M

ATEE

NekidBOMBer
Thank you Jim.

One of my first BOMBing questions is about installing a 12v plug by the headboard, so when we are boondocking I can use my CPAP. I'm needing to find the correct sub category to post it in. I'd like to see pictures of others who have installed this type of thing. I always believe that anything we buy can be BOMBed (Better Off Modified Baby!), as a member of the NWBOMBers.com it is kind of a requirement. :D

jimtoo

Hey ATEE,

We have several that use the CPAP in their units... this is one of the threads about it.
I'm sure there are more,, but check this one and get started and you will find others.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
ATEE, is there a 12V lite over the headboard??? If there is ...theres your 12V supply. Get a car type "CELL PHONE" receptical, not a cigar liter, drill a hole and install it. if you install it close to the lamp, it wont be hard to run the new wires. DONT use "scotch clip" type connectors. Solder if you can... these trailer shake alot when on the road. Those type of connector dont hold up. My 2cts P.S.....if you cant find a "cell phone" receptical.... PM me and give me your address and I will send you one..It is a Chevy part though.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome!

Glad we have another OR member on the forum. You might even want to consider becoming a member of the Owner's Club. Be sure to subscribe to the Pacific Region folder or at least to the Oregon folder to be notified of announcements for campouts and rallies.

Kristy

ATEE

NekidBOMBer
ATEE, is there a 12V lite over the headboard??? If there is ...theres your 12V supply. Get a car type "CELL PHONE" receptical, not a cigar liter, drill a hole and install it. if you install it close to the lamp, it wont be hard to run the new wires. DONT use "scotch clip" type connectors. Solder if you can... these trailer shake alot when on the road. Those type of connector dont hold up. My 2cts P.S.....if you cant find a "cell phone" receptical.... PM me and give me your address and I will send you one..It is a Chevy part though.
Excellent idea! It worked beautifully. It doesn’t exactly look like a factory install, but it is clean and it was fairly hassle free.