New DVD Player won't play SOME DVD's....

dougw

So my original under warrentee dvd player in the trailer, the Jensen would play all of my movies. Then it died, so the dealer called heartland and they swapped it out for what looked like a new player. Great, except now the new dvd player will only play older dvd's and not anything newer that would play before on the old dvd player. My guess is there is some decoding / security issue that is going on. I will probably call Jensen again next week but was wondering if any one knew of such a problem and maybe a solution for it as well.
Thanks
Doug

hotpepper

I just changed out my in dash DVD player in my Cyclone 4012 a few weeks ago because it quit working. I couldnt find an identical replacement (KEC brand) so I bought a different brand and it installed fairly easily with minimum wiring changes and I thought I had it whipped until I tried setting the defaults on the audio settings. The audio settings would default back to Spanish when I would change DVD's so I tried everything under the sun, spent many hours trying to figure it out, and called alot of people, OEMs etc. before giving up and returning to the car audio place to return it. They exchanged it with another new one like the one I had just put in and it worked great. Apaprently, the default settings were not working properly as the newer one would accept the changes and keep them after changing out DVDs. This may be your issue, as well, and it is a problem with the new player. Good luck!