Water filter

davebennington

We were at the Raleigh show a thought I looked at every thing on this coach but when we gat home my wife asked me did it have a whole house water filter on it. I had to say I did not know. How could I overlook something like that. So I will ask the question here. IS THERE A WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER ON THIS COACH?

Dave

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Dave,

If memory serves me correctly, the Landmark Series all come with water filters and the Bighorns do not.

Phil

nemo45

Dave,

I think if you would post this in the "ask the factory" section Scott would answer your question about the water filter.

Tom of Ypsi

Just did my PDI on my Landmark yesterday and I also forgot to ask about whole house water filter. Went through everything and never saw one. Just went through all of my books, papers and everthing else given at time of deliver and no mention of water filter. I will be picking up my rig later this week, had some extra things done to it, and I will ask then.

Tom of Ypsi

Joe, thanks for that info. I thought I had read the Landmarks have a water filter. Now if you know where it is could you please tell all of us? I am sure it needs changing and or cleaning. My dealer is new to the Heartland line, I bought the first one from them, and I am sure they would like to know. Maybe they do and just forgot to tell me just like I forgot to ask.
Thanks

Tom of Ypsi

Joe, Thanks for checking now I have to go buy a filter, no big deal. At least I can quit looking. I know that Heartland is constantly changing as I have found out. The safe in our Mt Rushmore is under the bed now instead of in the closet like the model we looked at. Like the closet better. Also missing the toilet paper holder, I know it is installed by the buyer but did not know that it did not come with unit. Also missing the paper towel holder in the "UDC".

Neil Mason

The Flying Pig Ranch, LLC
We found the toilet paper holder

Found our paper holder but it won't hold a full roll of TP. A secure mounting location or hardware has not been located yet. It's real purty, brushed silver to match everything else, just too small.....How does your shower door work? I am having a leak problem with the radius door? Let me know what type water filter and location you decide on.

Later, Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0400 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0400 (640x480).jpg
    261 KB · Views: 32
  • photo(103).JPG
    photo(103).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 15

drcarver

Shower door leak

I had a shower door leak in my Grand Canyon. I just got a small tube of clear silicone and stopped it in about 2 minutes. My dealer (Bill Plemmons RV World) would have gladly fixed it but it was such a small thing I did it my self.

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
leaks

I have a Grand Canyon, and as far as I know there is not a whole house filter, I buy the add on ones from Walmart for about 18 bucks. They last for about a month. I also had a leak from the shower door. Used silicon to stop about 90 percent of the leak but still a small amount leaking onto the floor. I believe the drip guard on the bottom of the door is to short, will try to get another one when at the plant in June.

Attachments

• BA3D2C8E-BE58-44D4-AAEB-20678CA081AF.jpeg
    BA3D2C8E-BE58-44D4-AAEB-20678CA081AF.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1
  • E511EE02-9B73-4D8F-8537-E80A23172869.jpeg
    E511EE02-9B73-4D8F-8537-E80A23172869.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 130

Gary F

Neil Mason said:
Found our paper holder but it won't hold a full roll of TP. A secure mounting location or hardware has not been located yet. It's real purty, brushed silver to match everything else, just too small.....How does your shower door work? I am having a leak problem with the radius door? Let me know what type water filter and location you decide on.

Later, Neil
We decided to go with a stand alone toilet paper holder. Purchase it from Home Depot. Has a heavy metal base to keep it secured when NOT traveling. I lay in down on the floor when we are traveling. This looks a lot nicer and can be moved around in the toilet room if necessary.

jbeletti

Fireflipper,

You may have the same issue Jeff showed me on my unit. He noticed on his that when he opened his shower door after taking a shower, that water poured out onto the floor. What he found to be the cause was the channel on the inside bottom of the door. It is a hollow channel with an open top as well as open ends for drainage. Seems that not all the water drains before you swing the door open.

Jeff suggested to me and he may have done this with his already, to drill some holes in the bottom of that channel to promote drainage while the door is closed and the shower is in use. This should help quite a bit. Then any small amount of dripping water can drip on, not saturate your bath mat.

Jim

J

Jeff

Shower Water!

Hi Folks:

What Jim suggested is what I was actually told by Scott Tuttle at the Factory.

To simply drill several holes in the bottom channel for water to drain back into the shower, before you step out.

The Factory, I thought was supposed to fix this problem, but apparently they have not.

Anyway, that is my next project before we hit the road and actually test it out. I guessing probably a 1/4 inch or larger hole will work. I'll let you know what I find out and how it works.

Take Care.

Jeff