=============================
  • Type: Eggs
  • Category: Breakfast

Meta Data
  • Yield: 4 servings
  • Prep Time: 15 minutes
  • Ready in: 30 minutes
  • Difficulty: 2 ( 1 - Easy, 5 - Difficult )
  • Source: jbeletti

Ingredients
  • 4 - Whole Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
  • *1/2 Cup Vegetables, finely chopped
  • 1 Ounce Cheese
  • 2 Ounces Cooked Meat, cut into bite sized pieces (sausage, chicken, bacon etc.)
  • Pepper, fresh ground to taste
  • Emeril Essence or your favorite seasoning to taste

* Use any vegetables you'd like. I always use onion, red bell pepper, then a little of whatever I may have on hand

Preparation Instructions
  • *In a skillet with a little butter or margarine, on medium heat, saute the vegetables and meat until vegetables are softened and meat is heated (about 5 minutes)
  • While vegetables are cooking, crack 4 whole eggs into dish, add cream, pepper and seasoning, then whip with a whisk, fork or immersion (stick) blender
  • Using butter, margarine or non-stick spray, grease 4 ramekins (3" or 4")
  • Allow vegetables/meat to cool slightly, then add them to egg mixture, stir, then divide mixture among ramekins
  • Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes until mixture is "set"

* In the RV, I add butter, vegetables and meat to a small foil or other ovenable metal pan and put it in the convection oven for around 5 minutes at 350 or during the entire preheat cycle. This softens the vegetables and heats the meat through

Tips
Test at 8, 10, 12 and 14 minutes marks by pressing finger lightly into top food. If it feels set and springy, it's done. If if looks/feels jiggly/running, it's not done yet :)

Pitfalls
Undercooking eggs - not fun
Overcooking eggs - chewy

Variation Ideas
Use your imagination on ingredients. This is great to make the last day of camping for breakfast before you break camp as you can use leftovers. Try some asparagus, cooked potato, Boursin cheese, green onion etc. etc.

photo-10.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I ate one of the two in the picture. So I can say this recipe is very good.
Thanks for sharing.

Peace
Dave

dmh5514

This sounds like a great receipe I am going to try it next week when we go to Canton Tx for trade days. Thanks!