water heater quiz

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
The Problem:confused: The water comming out of the kitchen, bath ect. is comming out luke warm, checked the thermostat it's working, checked the element it's working, took the element out and cleaned it, some deposit but not too bad... turned on the electric heater and the water came out warm again! Changed over to gas and checked out the water and once again water is warm! took water temp readings from the tank... electric temp. 123 degrees, 82 at faucets... checked temp. on gas supply tank reading 130, at faucets 93 :(.
Changed by-pass and anti siphon turned on heaters again.... guess what water still warm
whats the problem? after many trys and scratching of the ole head finally found the answere
what could it be!
The answere to follow tomarrow afternoon lets see what the possible solutions are and how many get it right on target! Good Luck and lets have some fun:D...
Mike

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Had this happen one time. The water heater by-pass valve was turned to by-pass.
Dave

I'm with dave because this also happened to me !! If you haven't adjusted anything in that area see above answer !!

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
OK and the winner is..... But first, as we all know using this forum makes things interesting for many of us rather a newbie or a senioree, we all have a good time looking at others posts and solving our problems or possibly heading off future problems but either way we all enjoy watching these posts, any how drum roll please the answere is and was sent in within 5 min. of post irvin56, the outside shower was left on unknown to me and that was the guily culpert.....
Thanks all and have a fantastic day.
Mike