Down spout extentions

patrick1945

I so far have struck out trying to find extentions for our gutters. I don't want to remove the existing small extention and all the caulking that the factory uses.

Other than cleaning I plan to stay away from the roofing material.

Clothes pins might have to suffice but I am thinking about fashioning some PVC into that extention.

Has anyone found a better solution that doesn't involve removing the factory's caulking?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have replaced the gutters on my trailer. You have to removed the caulk, pull the rubber cover off the channel remove about 3 or 4 screws and pull the old gutter out. Install the new gutters, drill through the end that goes onto the trailer when replacing the gutter. Put the rubber cover back on and put some new self leveling caulk on the edge.

My gutter had been broken off so it was necessary to replace it. I used the longer gutters and put one on each rear corner.

BC

ChopperBill

The easiest way is to buy a new Bighorn they come standard with them. The cheapest is replace the existing ones. I used the screw on ones old our older Bighorn. Just remove the caulking around the old ones, take them off, and screw on the new ones and re-caulk it. Its not too bad a job and is permanent.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought a set of the clip-ons for the TT, but they didn't fit the design. So I just chucked them in a drawer and forgot about them until getting the BH. Voila! They fit perfectly, without removing anything. They do help direct run-off away from the sides, so long as you're sitting level. I have not had a problem with them blowing off on the freeway, but if you're washing the rig, it's easy to pop them off with the brush if you're not careful around them. Fairly sturdy, they pop back on.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the clip-on extensions from Camping World, They really work at keeping run-off (and black streaks) away from the trailer.

TT

sdagro

I read somewhere on here or in 10-minute tech about slipping a piece of clear flexible tubing over the original spout to extend the spouts. Seems like it would work. Steve

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We bought ours at Wally-World. They clip on. After they where on I chalked them. They work great.