Looking at M22

chieffan

Hello....new to forum.

Looking for new trailer and really like the Edge M22 over similiar weight hybrids. Previous trailers were popup and 26foot hardside, but was pulling with F150. Now will be using wife's 2011 Acadia w/factory tow package as TV. Crunched all the numbers and GVWR, GCWR, GAWR (front and back), hitch rating, tire ratings all look good for the M22. Any thoughts on the M22 behind Acadia (same as saturn outlook, chevy traverse, buick enclave).

Can the factory bike receiver hitch (in brochure) be added with also a spare tire?

Are there any M22's out there within 3 hours of St.Louis that you wouldn't mind me having a quick visit. The closest dealer I can find is 5hours away.

camr

We have an M22 that we pull with an 09 Buick Enclave. It has the same direct injection engine and tow package as yours does. I installed a transmission cooler- not a huge job, as it can slide between front grill and AC condenser without removing the grill. We live on flat ground, so I do not have any experience pulling steep hills. In heavy winds it will pull in 4th gear, light winds in 5th gear and tail winds in 6th gear. We installed a Reese sway control hitch, and the unit is not bothered by passing semi's at all. I can honestly say that I am more than satisfied with the tow vehicle. The wheels are 6 bolt light truck wheels and I keep the tires at 40 PSI. Fuel economy takes a real kicking, with 12 MPG in windy conditions... but I really wasn't expecting 35 MPG out of it!!!
There is a recurring theme to any post regarding tow vehicles that demands an automatic reply of " Bigger tow vehicle, smaller trailer". I swear that someday someone will post that he plans to tow a pop up with a Terex oil sands dump truck, and some one will post that he needs a bigger truck or smaller trailer. But common sense should prevail. If you will be pulling mountain passes on a regular basis, then probably a bigger tow vehicle would make more sense. But certainly in our case, I find the combination of the Enclave and M22 just fine.

jimtoo

Hi chieffan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get several opinions about the tow vehicle... You just have to make your own decision about safety and comfort when towing.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M