washer dryer,possibly dishwasher on 3185LR

ggbiw

Looking into purchasing a Bighorn 3185LR and was wondering if anyone has installed a washer dryer vented and possibly a dishwasher ? Never owned a 5th wheel as of yet,but have taken a liken to this model. Any input would be welcomed. ggbiw

jimtoo

Hi ggbiw,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The 3185 does not show to come with a w/d hookup,, but the 3385 or any model above the 3185 does... The dishwasher is another question... it probably could be installed, but you would loose valuable drawer or storage space. Or maybe even move on up to a Landmark,,, I think a dishwasher is an option on some of them.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

supernan1414

WE have the 3185 RL Big Horn and there is NO place for a washer and dryer. As Jim said you probably could install a dish washer but you would have to sacrifice a whole set of drawers. There is a model in the 36something that has a very similar kitchen that has the washer dryer hook up. We would have ordered that one but we are restricted in our campground to 35 ft. The bedroom is tight, I dress in the doorway between the bathroom and the bed. I love the bathroom, island and all the space. We ordered a booth dinette and also like that a lot. But if you really want and need a washer and dryer this is not the model for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know exactly what is that draws you to the 3185, but if it is the downstairs living area check out the 3585. Same downstairs, different bedroom. It is plumbed for a W/D. And like the others have said, you will loose something if you go with a dishwasher. The best alternative for that is going out to eat or hireing a maid. :)
It's all about tradeoffs.
Hope you find a Heartland floorplan that fits your needs.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although a wash cloth and a bottle of Dawn are all we use, if you're really obsessed on having a mechanical dishwasher in your trailer, you could look for a countertop model (and loose some counter space). We had one years ago in our first house that used a quick connect to the faucet for supply. It could handle four place settings, but pots/pans were still manual labor.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
GGbiw, I have heard that Cookie (Dave) is a good dishwasher and works really cheap. He will do floors and windows at a fair price. Right, Dave...OL' buddy OL' pal