Water Leak While Traveling - how about spray Foam??

imchud

Well... After a year of my main slide leaking when ever it rained, Which RV Capital found and fixed. Now, today I pull it off site to bring it home, I opened it up to find a little of the carpet arount the slide was wet (Very dirty water). While driving home it was raining and the roads were very wet. I'm sure the tires were kicking up water and it was getting in on the front side of the slide, but how?? I have corner blocks installed from the factory? last year I caulked just about every seam I could find under the slide and it still is bring in the dirty water?

I was thinking of using a spray foam and just spraying all under the slide (just above the tires up to the corner?? I realize the form is not caulking and not designed to be a water tight seal, however if i were use it to "block" an area where water was getting in, it might just work? what do you think?

Tom

Wharton

I have heard of water coming in from the wheel wells but that was a few years ago. I think the solution was to put the foamy kneeling pads into the wells somehow......

ihsolutions

I had this on my old SOB fifth wheel. In that case, the 1" foam strip had come off under the slide out which kept a tight seal to prevent water entry. Heartland doesn't seem to have the same design, at least not on my 2011, and I've had no such problems with this one.

Try running the slide almost all the way in, and see if you can detect where the seal is not going to seal perfectly. You can also try placing a bright light under the slideout when retracted, then go inside and see if there's anywhere you can find light coming in (even lift under the edge of the slideout carpet). This works best when it's dark out.