Dometic 2 Burner Cooktop - 1 Burner Won't Stay Lit

Anybody had a situation where one burner on the Dometic 2 Burner Cooktop won't stay lit? Mine is the cooktop which needs to be lit with a lighter or match (no ignition). There is gas to the cooktop, and it will light up, but extinguishes when I release the knob. I suspect the thermocouple. Is there a way to test or adjust it?

The other burner works just fine, but the second one quit a few weeks ago.

I'm learning a lot from people on this forum. Thanks so much.

Stan

cashb

Stan, I don't know about the problem you are having.. not that technically proficient! But I can't believe no one on the forum has any ideas about this?? Did your thread get buried somewhere and no one saw it? Since it's been several months, have you solved the problem yet. Just curious.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Check your igniter...mine went bad on the main burner a couple of months after I got the unit.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
You could have an obstruction in the burner it self. Also check the air inlet. Without air the gas will not burn.

Hutch

I have the same issue, but now both burners will die out if I release the knob. I suspect the thermocouple on my dometic 1066050 unit. It stays 12v only on the bottom but I don't see a 12v feed to run the wiring. Replacement hobs are about $280 and two thermo couples are about $160. A little help out there? I think these are the SMEV units sold outside the USA. See other trailer brands are having this issue w/ this unit. Dealer went BK which doesn't help.