Drawers Coming Open

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Hello:
What is the solution to preventing drawers coming open while traveling?
Seems recently our kitchen drawers are coming open when we travel.
Nothing comes out of them but they are usually open when we enter the rv.
Same is true for bedroom drawers, but the bed blocks them from coming all the way out.
All cabinet doors remain closed.
Any suggestions?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I put a small strip of velcro on the back side of the drawer facing. Open the drawer and put the strip of Velcro on the back side. If you leave the matching side of the Velcro attached then when you close the drawer it will stick to the cabinet. Then the drawer will stay closed when traveling.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I stick a small spring loaded rod that I got from Walmart down the handles of the drawers while traveling and that works great.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Bunge chords work for us, but the Velcro is a better idea. Do the pieces stay where they belong when the drawer is opened and closed during the camping season?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Michael,
Here is a pic of what Heartland now uses under the drawers to keep them closed. I have them on all my drawers in the Landmark. I also added them to my Bighorn when I had it. This works great and they are out of sight.

Good luck,
Mark

Attachments

• door roler.JPG
    door roler.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 62

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Hello:
Not sure if I understand you question about the pieces staying where they belong during the camping season.
Noting has “popped” out of the drawers while traveling and we leave items in the drawers all year round.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello:
Not sure if I understand you question about the pieces staying where they belong during the camping season.
Noting has “popped” out of the drawers while traveling and we leave items in the drawers all year round.
Michael, I think Tom was referring to the pieces of velcro staying put after many uses.

Wharton

We had the same problem. found out the catches, bottom center of each drawer) had not been installed. Some were totally missing, some weren't screwed in. We were in Elkhart and stopped at Heartland, they gave us the catches.

shovelguy

Michael,
Here is a pic of what Heartland now uses under the drawers to keep them closed. I have them on all my drawers in the Landmark. I also added them to my Bighorn when I had it. This works great and they are out of sight.

Good luck,
Mark

How did you get those little dohickies from the Heartland folks? j

Wharton

I would call up and ask for the number you need. We happened to be up in Elkhart and just stoppen in at Customer Service. We got those, extra keys($$), umbilical cord and closet latches. No problems whatsoever.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Those catches are at any hardware store or lumber yard. Use them and velcro and they will never come open down any louisiana road.