BH 3670 Radius Roof Edges Popping Up?

ihsolutions

While up on the roof at various times this summer, I have noticed that the radius edges are popping up. This varies with temperature. If I push it back down, it stays for an instant, but then pops up again.

My dealer says they aren't even going to bother contacting Heartland, because it's not something they will deal with until a real issue occurs. I'm wondering from other Big Horn, Big Country, and Landmark owners (made on the same line), is everyone experiencing this or is it just me? With my warranty period half over, should I be concerned? I've attached pics to attempt to show what I'm talking about.

All the way along the radius edge there is about 1" of roof material that is not adhered to the decking.

Attachments

• IMG_0026_Medium.JPG
    IMG_0026_Medium.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0027_Medium.JPG
    IMG_0027_Medium.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0025_Medium.JPG
    IMG_0025_Medium.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 137

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jeff, it looks like mine. I was just there this last weekend to wash the roof. I have not seen any problems with it yet.

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
Had a look at mine this afternoon. The corners appear to be what I would consider normal. Not bubbled up like your pictures indicate. Mind you, I'm sitting here north of the Canada/USA border and the temp. is around 57*F.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
we run the metal along the perimeter of the roof to allow for an even rounded edge. it appears in the pictures that the metal is slightly higher than the decking. it should not pose a problem as long as the seals are maintained.

ihsolutions

Thanks for your response. I am concerned for the long term life of this roof. The metal edges underneath seem sharp, and are pressing against the roof membrane and pulling it away from the decking.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our new Big Country looks the same! Like Alan, I thought it was normal but I had thought about running a strip of Eternabond down the length of the roof (maybe the 2" wide) The downside is the roof is a nice pretty gray and the tape is bright white! I hope the roof is supposed to be gray! :eek:

CampinNow

My wife and I just took delivery of our 2011 3250 TS last week. We have the same issue on our roof, and are waiting for our dealer to get a reply from Heartland. This metal has the rubber raised up off the deck at least 3/8" off the deck, and pushing it up a couple or more inches off the deck towards the middle of the roof. There are multiple places where there are sharp edges against the rubber membrane. From experience, I know it is not ever good for the rubber not to be glued securely to the deck. If airpressure builds inside the coach, or if there is a slight leak in the seal, it can cause a monster bubble in the roof going down the road. I hear that Heartland is very responsive and I trust that they will take this seriously and remedy the situation.

ihsolutions

Heartland's response to my dealer on this issue is that they will not do anything and that this is "normal". I'm not sure I agree, but at least I've documented it should there be a future issue caused my this, I expect Heartland to take care of it.

CampinNow

I just wanted to report that Heartland contacted me this week about this issue. I am very happy to say that they are working with the dealer to make sure that my roof is as it should be. Everyone has told me that they are committed to customer service. That is certainly what defines any company, and I hope to report back soon that this issue is resolved.