Fresh Water Tank falling out

C

Chulinw

I have had this problem from the day that I purchase my 2400 that the fresh water tank is trying to fall out with only the plywood or partical bord
holding it in its place. The dealer but a angle iron across and tried to hold
it in place that way and it broke off along the highway some place. The sending unit on the tank has never work also from the day I got it.
I wrote a letter to the factory and still have not got a response and called and left a voice msg on Mr. Coley Bradey two days ago and still can not get any help. :mad:

Uncle Rog

Howdy, seems like a common failing with quite a few rigs, mine included. If you check some of my earlier posts as well as from chopperbill you will see some common problems with tank failures and the possibility of drain lines installed a little improperly. If you keep after the factory Scott will probably refer you to somebody to remedy your issues.....They are great rigs once you get some of the bugs worked out.......

C

Chulinw

I went out and purchase some 1/4" flat steel by 2" 38.5 inch long and jack up the water tank and slide them in to support the water tank. It seem like it might work better than the dealer installed a 1 inch angle bar across the tank and screwed it to the fram with 5/32 screws. The screws broke and the angle iron is along the road some place.:( I hope that no one runs over it and has damage to the vehicle.

Forrest Fetherolf

Tanks falling out

I toured the Bighhorn factory in October of this year. During the tour, Chris DeLaPaz pointed out two flat fiber straps between the cross frame members to support the tank. This fix is supposed to keep the tank from falling out. If you use steel supports, I would suggest padding between the tank and supports to reduce the rubbing while traveling.
I also posted information today on the units that have Optiflame fireplaces and the possible fire hazzard because of improper installation by the factory. I have had my 3600RL since August 06 and have been fixing things on a weekly basis that should have been done at the factory or fixed by Clovis RV on their so-called PDI (predelivery inspection) prior to delivery.

C

Chulinw

I put the flat steel under the 3/4 inch plywood that the factory used to hold the water tank in place. I don't have any type of factory straps that I could see when I was under the unit to install the flat steel supports.