Landmark Discontinued? (RVNET post)

derrickg

Someone who has been doing research on buying a new 5th wheel posted earlier today, that he was told that Heartland was discontinuing the Landmark line as of Dec. 1.
Is this true?

jpmorgan37

Here is the post by "econometrics" who says that his place of residence is "35000 feet"--I wonder what chemicals he used to reach that altitude--and I quote: Regarding Heartland; I have been informed that their Landmark line has been discontinued effective 12/1/06, so I'm not particularly interested in purchasing a vehicle no longer in construction. I will wait on the official word from Heartland but I'll bet that it is some anti Heartland propaganda.

Scott

Well, I've heard that one before. It's not true. Heartland continues to build Landmark fifth wheels as they are ordered from dealers - which is generally retail sold orders. There just aren't a lot of dealers out there who are ordering stock Landmarks to sit on their lots because of the their price and the conditions in the market as they relate to high-end coaches. Jim Beletti was by the factory today and we walked through two new Landmarks on our production line.
FYI
ST

ct0218

That's good to hear. I knew the production was way down on the Landmarks, and I think they said that they were remodeling that building during the down time this fall.

jpmorgan37

Thanks for that info Scott. After Sea Breeze quit making fifth wheels, I sure didn't want to be the happy owner of another line that became extinct. The Landmark is too good a unit to not be continued.
John

jbeletti

Hi gang,

As Scott mentioned, I was at the plant today and the status of the Landmark line was the first thing on my list for Scott. Great to know we won't be orphaned soon.

That said, we all need to bear in mind that building RVs is a business and it's entirely possible that at some point, floor plans and entire models can/will be added/changed. And even discontinued at such time as they prove economically unviable.

For those of us with an investment in a Landmark, I hope this doesn't happen to us anytime soon. While on a unit basis, it's a very small percentage of Heartland trailers sold, we just have to hope that the Landmark remains popular enough in the marketplace to keep the model going.

I saw 2 great Landmarks nearing completion on the floor in the newest of Heartland's plants behind their new Corporate offices. Beautiful units.

Be safe and hang tough together Landmarkers!

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Scott and Jim, Thanks for the good news. Now I have to work on my testimonial with the pride that Heartland seems to have with its lines of Rvs. I need something to wear that has Heartland on it, the hats I got through Jim are showing some wear.

billd

Humm a new hat would be wonderful while setting up the 5th wheel. A tshirt or polo shirt would work too.

So where would we find nice items like that????

Bill