Slideout has no power and trip planned for Thursday!!!!

db_cooper

Right on time for yet another camping trip and I'm looking at a new problem. This time, the slideout will not work...fuse is good and when I pull out the fuse I don't get a red light beside it. I don't think I'm getting power to that one thing...everything else works. Is there something I'm missing? Could it be a ground wire somewhere? Help!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
db, I like your handle. Now..did you use a test lite to check for power on both sides of the fuse? If you do have power on both sides . Then the problem is between the fuse and the motor. If you don't have any power to fuse thats a different story. Pull the fuse panel out and check for power at the wires to and from the fuse. That way you will know where to start looking. Are you sure that it doesn't have a circuit breaker inline somewhere?? BTW, is the FBI still looking for you??? And what did you do with the money?? I won't tell if cut me in. LOL

db_cooper

Thank you for your quick response. I had planned on taking it to the dealership first thing this morning but went out there just to try what you said......well, the slide out now works and I didn't do anything. This still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy on heading out camping. I still don't know why it didn't work in the first place or why it decided to work now. Plus, I have no idea how to retract it in the event of a problem....that's something I think I should know. As far as all the money, I blew it on all on cabbage patch dolls and beenie babies thinking those things would make a nice investment....boy I was wrong. FBI will never find me since my gender change operation (LOL) Thanks again and wish me luck!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well db_cooper I hope everything healed up nicely.:)
Your profile does not state what rig you have, but if your slides are hydraulic then the pump could be on a self resetting breaker. The breaker takes some time to reset. That could be why you had no power at one point and now you do.

Peace
Dave

db_cooper

My trailer is a Heartland Edge, 18ft. The slide out motor looks like an electric motor and is under the couch. I've ran it in and out through out the day about 5 times and it still works, you maybe right as far as the it resetting. I'd still like to know where that circuit breaker is at. Thanks for the help and barring anything else, I'm off to go camping tomorrow.!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
db, look around the battery area for some auto reset breakers. I have never looked at an Edge, so Im not sure how they are wired. Does your fuse/circuit breaker panel have a breaker for the slide?? Could be just a loose connection...between here and there. 1 thing you can ponder on is....battery charge. If a battery is low on charge...anything you try to do can cause a high amperage draw. it could cause a breaker to trip and reset. How's the sex change working out for ya?? ROTF-LMAO. Your a funny little guy/gal....whatever.