Gray tank valve not opening

ringhanger

I have a 2009 3370RL Big Horn that I occassionally have a problem with getting the valve on the #2 gray tank to open. I want to take a look at the valve cable connection at the tank but don't know where it is since the underbelly is enclosed. It feels as though the cable is not opening the valve completely since it will drain over a 8 - 10 hour period. Can anyone tell me where this tank is located and the routing of the cable ? Is the cable shield anchored at some point ?

HappyKayakers

Hi Ringhanger, I'm not sure if this post will make it since you're in ATF but I'll try anyway. I would suspect a loose cutout in the tank. I had the same symptoms on my gray 1 tank in '06. Took the valve completely apart and spotted a white cutout in the pipe, which I removed with a pair of pliers. Good luck with yours.

K

karykatz

Ringhanger,

Please see response below from our head of production. I hope this helps.

He needs to look behind the sanitation station to see if the cable has seperated from the jacket. Then the tank is above the termination, towards the rear. The valve will close to the tank on the off door side.