2011 Colorado Rally - where would you like to have it?

rjr6150

Re: Rally ????

Hi Bob
In order of preference

Ft. Collins Lake Side KOA
Steamboat Springs again a KOA there
Glenwood Springs never camped there so don;t know a place

skyguy

No KOA's in Steamboat. Closest is a former KOA, towards the west end of town. Stayed there once, it's OK. Steamboat's a busy town. The hot springs there are great!

RE Glenwood, this was researched recently by Bev and Chester, but the RV Park reviews turned us off.

My vote would be for the KOA in Colorado City. MP 72 (I think) on I-25, S. of Pueblo. Big firepit. Meeting facilities. Burger and stuff on weekends. Pool, minigolf, hot tub. I would suggest a day trip that includes Bishop's Castle (google for info and photos), and possibly a side trip to the Abbey in Canon City for free wine tasting (you'll be glad you did, they have excellent wines). Decent reviews on RV Park reviews.

We stay every year over Mother's Day when KOA does their buy one get one free night.

Al S.

rjr6150

Hi Al
Hope things are going well. Kathy is on the mend and started working half day last Wed. The KOA I was thinking about is in Waldon. Though would have to agree the Colorado City KOA sounds great.

Colorado Chapter Members;

Are we checking out the places on RV Park Reviews before you suggest these rally locations? I researched the Glenwood Springs area on the RV reviews and found out that these places are completely run down, which also includes the towns of Carbondale, Basalt and Aspen. I think if we are going to suggest sites that we research the locations and list the positives and negatives of each. With this information the other members can contribute to the decision making process.
Thanks, Ron

rjr6150

Good point Ron the only one I can attest to is FT. Collins KOA very nice and clean place.

Good Morning Colorado Club Members;

Both Ft. Collins Lakeside KOA and Colorado City KOA have my vote for the spring rally next year. I checked both of these campgrounds out on RV Park Reviews and both have oustanding reviews. Thanks Randy for your input. I will vote on my ballot for Ft. Collins Lakeside KOA which is closer for us and also with Brenda graduating from Colorado State University. I'm sure she will advise us on some good old drinking holes while there! Can we reserve these campgrounds for the middle of June instead of May with the colder temperatures?
Thanks, Ron

skyguy

Hi Peter

The spring Rally was held in Ft Collins. The fall Rally in Moab, UT. We generally get together 2X year. Most of us will be attending the Natl Rally in June, up in Gillette Wy. Haven't set a date or location for a possible fall 2012 rally - stay tuned!

Al