Wesleys whitewall tire cleaner

sgtbigb

I have a friend who owns SOB FW. he said he recently had to take his unit for some repairs. While there he ask some of the service people for tips on how to clean his rubber roof. He stated they told him to use 8oz of wesleys white wall tire cleaner with a gallon of water:confused: I have never tried this but just wondering has anybody else heard of this method of cleaning the roof:confused:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The "Wesley's" I remember using was mostly bleach and cleaned the white lettering great but dried out the rubber quickly causing cracks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Many of the tire cleaners contain bleach or sodium hypochlorite. The instructions tell you not to leave it on the tire. You also need to be careful around coated aluminum rims, too, unless you want a lesson in filiform corrosion.

Dawn dishsoap in water is all I use. Don't want to blind any news helicopters that might be flying overhead.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have heard of a few that have used it but have never tried it to see how good it works. I just cleaned mine with Spic and Span and used MeanGreen Mildew Destroyer for a second wash. I have to say my roof is almost white again , after 4 years though clean this Mean Green stuff really worked good. I got it at Walmart , here is a link.....http://www.crbrandsinc.com/brands_meangreen.php