questions for winterizing the water connection inlets

Rocky

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> My 2011 Greystone 29MK is stored 400 miles away and I am researching the items I need to winterize and their procedures so I will be prepared when I get to it next week. I am focused on the antifreeze methods since I do not own an air compressor. This forum has been most beneficial but I need to tap into this knowledge base to answer a few reaming questions.

1. Assuming my unit has a back-flow check valve in the City Water Connection inlet, the procedures I have seen say to shut off the water pump and open a sink faucet to relieve pressure in the system. The next step is to release the inlet check valve to relieve the trapped water and antifreeze should also flow out. My question is if the water pump is off, how does antifreeze flow out? I can think of a couple of answers but they seem too far fetched. Also, if antifreeze does not flow out, should I turn on the water pump to push it out?

1. People say to winterize the flush system for the black tank but how can you accomplish this with antifreeze? Are you able to poor antifreeze into the water connection inlet or does it need to be pressured in? Also, how much antifreeze do you put in since you cannot see it come out of the sprayer?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
You may find some information here. This a a discussion on Greystone winterizing.

Willym

There's enough head of water or rather anti-freeze to give you some outflow through the city water connection even with the system depressurized. I winterized the black tank flush in my unit using the spray connection in the UDC. I unscrewed the spray nozzle and screwed the hose directly into the flush connection, turned on the pump and flushed it for short time.

Rocky

There's enough head of water or rather anti-freeze to give you some outflow through the city water connection even with the system depressurized. I winterized the black tank flush in my unit using the spray connection in the UDC. I unscrewed the spray nozzle and screwed the hose directly into the flush connection, turned on the pump and flushed it for short time.

BRILLIANT idea for flushing the black tank flush.

Thanks