Slides creeping

labbysmom

Augggg. Our slides creep out when we are towing and they creep out if we are stationary. Lipert not responding to Valley RV's inquiries. Good thing we are staying put for awhile. Just needed to vent~:p

Northern Virginia
The hydraulic rams that control the slides are basically a closed loop of oil that is open when you press the slide in/out button. If your rams are creeping, my guess would be the hydraulic valve has a bad seal and is letting pressurized oil pass to the other side. The shop should be able to order a new seal kit.

I would call Lippert directly and I bet you get more action than letting the dealer handle it. They should be able to make a repair recommendation as to replace the valve or rebuild it.

Good luck,
John

Northern Virginia
I thought about that but I didn't think that would make all the slides creep, just the one with the bad seals. I figured it would have to be something on the main circuit to get them all to creep.

John

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If there is air in the lines they creep. When they go out to the max keep holding in the button for about 30 seconds to help bleed the air. You will hear the motor pitch change to a lower pitch sounding like it has a heavier load on it.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
call Lippert. We had the same problem and the service men walked us through our problem and we were able to fix it. They sent us the necessary part while we were in Alaska. I give Lippert service 5 stars.