Poor Mattress

rvn4fun

Our rv is about 10 months old now and the mattress is not holding up very well. It has depressions in it where we sleep. Anyone out there had problems with theirs? We might have to switch to a Serta or something, but we are still under warranty and it really should last a lot longer then it has.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
yep - been there and bought serta as replacement on 3 different rigs (1-SOB & 2 HL). Just the nature of the beast.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have an $1800 Serta set at home. Lasted less than 10 months. Apparently a depression of less than 3 inches is considered "normal". We put a 3" topper on the rv mattress and it sleeps much better than the Serta in the house, but it was an early model before they had the pillow-top option.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I think an RV mattress doesn't stand a chance as there is no box spring under it. There is no give from the plywood and you are experienceing what we have all faced at some time or another. We too, used the memory foam topper and I like the camper bed better than the one that required tons of money for home!

Northern Virginia
We also have a "top of the line" Serta at home it it lasted just a few months before it developed deep depressions where we sleep. I have been considering a Sleep Number bed.
The Serta sucks in my opinion.

John

jbeletti

Not sure when we changed to them and which our brands they come in, but I really like the mattress that came in the 2011 Landmark. Some custom mattress for Heartland as I understand it. Much nicer than what came in my 2009 Landmark.

Our rv is about 10 months old now and the mattress is not holding up very well. It has depressions in it where we sleep. Anyone out there had problems with theirs? We might have to switch to a Serta or something, but we are still under warranty and it really should last a lot longer then it has.

I call them pot holes. It only took two weeks for them to develop in our BC. It was under warranty but who wants another one like it? Not me! We went to a local mattress store and laid on them all till we found the one that provided the best comfort for us. They ordered it in the 70 X 80 RV King for us. It only took a week and it was delivered and put in place. That saved my aching back! Sleep has returned and the pot holes are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evolvingpowercat

Wal-mart sells a 4" Memory Foam Matress Topper I found that putting that on top of my very poor OEM Heartland Foam Mattress did the trick for me. Its a full Queen topper. They also sell King depending on your bed size. The two together also made the thickness right so that fitted bottom sheets actually fit on the bed right.

If you are on a budget you might give this a try before going the full replacement route.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We bought a Cool-Gel memory foam topper at Costco. Had to cut it down just a a few inches to fit. Discovered that an electric knife cuts the Gel foam remarkably well . Make a world of difference.

oldmannj

We went the sleep number mattress route from CW. On sale but still pretty expensive. Nowhere near as comfy as the sleep number at home. I think the "no box spring" opinion is correct. We purchased a topper over the winter from walmart that we will try in the spring. That seems to be the best answer to the problem from what I've read.

donr827

We bought a Cool-Gel memory foam topper at Costco. Had to cut it down just a a few inches to fit. Discovered that an electric knife cuts the Gel foam remarkably well . Make a world of difference.

Same for us. Finally found a use for the cheap electric knife I have had for years.
Don

scottyb

Same for us. Finally found a use for the cheap electric knife I have had for years.
Don

Another happy camper here after adding a latex foam topper. Sleeps better than the high dollar mattress at home. Seems like foam topper compliments the very firm (downright hard) OEM mattress perfectly.